See Kangaroos and Koalas in the wild! This naturalist guided, small group tour gives you quality time to see wildlife and enjoy the wide open spaces of Australia. Watch the natural behavior of wild kangaroos, koalas and abundant bird life. Get involved in koala research with your naturalist guide. A gourmet Bush lunch is included.
What You'll Get
Walk amongst large free ranging "mobs" (groups) of wild kangaroos. Spot Emus, Cockatoos and other unique Australian wildlife on the grassland, in the bush and around the billabongs of Melbourne's Western Plains.
Visit an open forest in a National Park that is home to a large and healthy population of wild koalas. The koalas research project ensures that on most days you'll have multiple sightings of these delightful creatures.
Within easy reach from the center of the city of Melbourne, these environments provide the perfect introduction to Australia's unique wildlife and indigenous culture. The area you walk through is of great significance to the local Aboriginal People of the Wathaurong Tribe. Freshwater lakes and billabongs nearby provided a rich food source for them, and some signs of their occupation still remain. Your guide will share their knowledge with you.
You will be provided with a picnic lunch, served in an open-air setting at the sanctuary, and includes fruit and cakes, coffee and delicious Australian "Billy tea".
Expert Nature Guides:
You will be guided on this journey by friendly, experienced and knowledgeable nature guides. Many hours of research work proceed the tour to ensure that you see and learn about native wildlife in its natural environment. Guides carry two way radios which link them to the office and to emergency services.
Although this tour is vehicle based, most of the day is spent outside the vehicle on a number of easy, flat terrain, bush walks so that you can get close to nature. Passengers must be able to walk unassisted at least 500m on uneven dirt surfaces. There may be up to 5 walks of this duration during the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- IMPORTANT: Please tell us where you are staying so we can arrange the best pick up location. We do not stop at all pick up locations for each tour. You much prearrange your pick up locations
- What to Bring: Good walking shoes or boots, clothing to suit variable weather conditions (temperatures range from 5C to +35C, sun hat, rainproof coat, insect repellent, 15+ sunblock and 1 litre water bottle. Camera and binoculars are also recommended.
- Infant seats can be provided at a fee of AUD$20 payable direct.
- Vegetarian and Vegan options are available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Tour itinerary is subject to change to optimise wildlife experience
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- This tour operates with a Minimum of 2 people and a Maximum of 10.
- We can not pick you up from the port if you are coming off a cruise ship. You must have time to make it to the Holiday Inn hotel by 8:30am this requires your ship to arrive no later then 7:30am.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided full day tour
- Expert Nature Guides
- Gourmet bush lunch
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Due to timings, this tour is not recommended for passengers arriving & departing via cruise ship
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Echidna Walkabout in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.