Hike the World-Heritage listed Blue Mountains National Park. Immerse yourself in the local flora and fauna. Explore epic waterfalls, scenic lookouts, and massive rock overhangs.Highlights • Hike the World-Heritage listed Blue Mountains National Park • Witness the amazing Wentworth Falls from above and below • Immerse yourself in the beautiful Australian bushland • Learn about the history of the Blue Mountains and Australia • Descend the largest outdoor staircase in Australia • Spot local wildlife • Journey like a local on the scenic Blue Mountains train • Meet like-minded travellers looking to make a difference • All the money raised goes to help kids in need!
What You'll Get
Be more than just a traveller. Hike the World-Heritage listed Blue Mountains National Park. Immerse yourself in the local flora and fauna. Explore epic waterfalls, scenic lookouts, and massive rock overhangs. Learn about the amazing history and geology of the Blue Mountains, and trek down into the valley where few other tourists get to go. This 13 kilometre hike in the Blue Mountains National Park is a tour with a difference. All the money raised goes to helping the Indigenous Literacy Foundation with their commitment to improve literacy among Indigenous children in Australia.
For this experience, we will meet at Central Station in Sydney and then journey by the scenic local train to the Blue Mountains (approximately 2 hours). We will then hike for 4-6 hours, starting with the historic path that Charles Darwin famously visited in 1836. You can set the pace. Arriving at Wentworth Falls, we will get our first glimpses of the Blue Mountains themselves, and look out over the ledge at the waterfalls below, with the famous blueness of the mountains in the distance. There will be plenty of chances for photos. From there, we will then descend the tallest outdoor staircase in Australia into the Jamison valley. We will have lunch in the valley of the mountains, surrounded by waterfalls. Hiking back up, there is often the opportunity to reward yourself with an ice cream at Conservation Hut, before we trek back through the historic neighbourhood of Wentworth Falls to the train station.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise us if you are taking any medication or have any physical or other limitation that might affect your participation in the activity
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Closed walking shoes required
- Bring appropriate clothing (it is generally colder in the Blue Mountains than in Sydney)
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Transport by local train to and from the Blue Mountains (if required)
- Entry/Admission - Blue Mountains
- Entry/Admission - Wentworth Falls
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Donation to the charity (optional)
300 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills NSW 2010, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Emu Trekkers Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.