Design and handcraft your own set of earrings in sterling silver. In this hands-on workshop you will learn techniques to make a pair of earring designed and hand made by you!
Workshop is held in a private home, 'Karinya' which means 'peaceful home'. Fran's jewellery studio is called 'Lady Bird Design'.
The workshop space will be held in the sun room (adjacent to kitchen) and the studio, both have views and overlooks a valley of trees.
Weather permitting, our lunch break will be outside on the verandah or in the garden views overlooking a valley of trees.
What You'll Get
Design and handcraft your own set of earrings in sterling silver.
In this hands-on workshop you will learn techniques to make a pair of earring designed and hand made by you!
You will begin learning how to work with metal, first using copper to practice saw-pierced and texturing which will help develop your idea. Then after morning tea move on to creating your own beautiful sterling silver a pair of earrings.
With time to focus and hone your skills, this class, open to all levels, is the perfect starting point to get creative and make some fabulous wearable piece of your own design.
The workshop is for beginners or anyone with some experience. All materials will be provided at no extra cost.
Essential techniques covered:
- Metal cutting – learn how to saw-pierce metal using professional jewellery saw frames
- Texturing and stamping – whether it’s a hammered texture, or stamping, there is a range of tools to experiment with
- Anneal – using special jewellery torches watch how to anneal metal
- Finishing – learn how to file and use emery paper to give your earrings a final finish.
There will be a short lunch break (BYO your lunch), time for you to relax and enjoy the view.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- A dog and cat live at the house where the workshop is held - they love visitors
- It is important to wear comfortable clothes as you will be working with tools (an apron is provided). You must wear closed in shoes and long hair must be tied back.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Coffee and/or Tea
- A piece of cooper and silver provided.
- An apron will also be provided to help protect your clothes
- Lunch - We finish in time lunch (BYO your lunch), time for you to relax and enjoy the view.
43 Valley Rd, Wentworth Falls NSW 2782, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop back to your accommodation and/or local restaurant available, fee depends on where you are staying
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Fran Cane in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.