This sightseeing tour encompasses the three most visited sites in or around Hobart. Starting at 9:00 am gives the traveler time for a leisurely breakfast, before embarking on this 5 to 6 hour sightseeing tour in comfortable air-conditioned small buses or minibuses.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Salamanca Square, Hobart, Tasmania 7004 Australia
Travelers will have an opportunity to see the old warehouses on Salamanca Wharf, in Battery Point, the oldest part of Hobart, except on Satirdays when the Salamanca Market occupies the whole area.
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
After pickup from Hobart CBD, travel along the western shore of the River Derwent where you will view the historic buildings of Salamanca Place and Battery Point. Your guide will share information about the reclamation of Salamanca Wharf from the river Derwent, the history of the defences of the area, the history of Hobart, and how convicts were used for the construction of the city.
Continue to the summit of Mt Wellington where you can enjoy the breathtaking views of greater Hobart and the Tasman Bridge, weather permitting. Should weather preclude the running of the trip up the mountain, you be given the option to visit the Mt. Nelson Signal Station.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, 593 Briggs Rd, Brighton, Tasmania 7030 Australia
After departing Hobart, you will travel along the Brooker Highway to Bridgewater and visit the iconic Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Here you can get up front and personal with Tasmanian wildlife, including the Tassie Devil, Forest Kangaroos, Wallabies, Wombats, Koalas and many more. Have a conversation with Fred, the sulphur crested cockatoo, who is over 103 years old!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Richmond Bridge, Bridge Street, Richmond, Clarence, Tasmania 2004 Australia
In Richmond, you will gain more insight into the early convict days that preceded Port Arthur, with a stroll through the oldest goal in Tasmania. You will also see the oldest convict constructed sandstone bridge still in use in Australia and St. John’s Catholic Church, the oldest Catholic Church in Australia, then you can wander around, and explore on your own, this quaint little hamlet, with its numerous old and heritage listed buildings, arts and craft galleries, antique shops, etc. A visit to the Old Hobart Town model, set out as Hobart was in the 1820s, is well worth while.
An allowance of 1 hour has been scheduled for the stop in Richmond. This is enough time to grab a quick snack at the Bakery and explore what Richmond has to offer. We DO NOT recommend having a sit down meal in a cafe or restaurant, as this will eat up your hour allowance in itself.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Bottled water - Chilled or at room temperature
- Admission fees to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary - adults $32, child $18
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
1: Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 20 Davey St (and Elizabeth Mall Information Hub, Elizabeth St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
2: Macquarie Wharf No. 2, Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
- Hobart Airport, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
- Macquarie Wharf No. 2, Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hobart Small Bus Charters & Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.