This is an authentic adventure activity. Although Jenolan is Australia's most spectacular cave system, this caving adventure is not about stunning scenery. It is about challenge, exhilaration and accomplishing something really different - no experience necessary. The Aladdin Adventure Tour runs once a week only.
What You'll Get
The spectacular Jenolan Caves are a 3 hour drive from Sydney Airport. The caves are situated on the western edge of the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area. Remember that in Australia, you must travel long distances to get to all the best activities, so please give yourself plenty of time to drive the steep, narrow, winding mountains roads to Jenolan Caves. Meet our guides before 9 a.m., in our Guides Office at Jenolan Caves.
Wear 'active wear' - clothing that can get dirty and which allows full movement. Sturdy, non-slip footwear is essential. We fit you out in overalls, helmet and headlamp. Then your journey begins. This is a genuine adventure experience. Our guides are all highly qualified, mentoring you all the way.
The lower sections contain masses of fascinating crystal formations and other surprises. So, you are allowed to bring a compact camera or smartphone. But you must be fully responsible for it.
The Aladdin requires agility, beginning with a steep, enclosed descent. Therefore, we do not recommend this adventure to anyone with claustrophobia. Challenges like 'The Traverse', 'The Slide' and 'Lang's Leap' will challenge you. If they don't, the return climb will!
Cavers don overalls, helmets and headlamps at the 'Old Schoolhouse', study the cave map and then walk up the beautiful McKeown's Valley, before a short (but strenuous) climb uphill to the cave.
After a safety briefing in the 'Moonmilk Chamber', we head into the dark. The cave includes an exciting downhill climb through the 'Rockpile', edging across 'The Traverse', climbing cave ladders, a slide, and then the fabulous reward for your efforts - squeezing into some highly decorated sections of cave.
The way out begins with a climb up 'The Slide', and continues up, so save some energy! The return walk from the cave includes a stroll through the dramatic Devils Coach House, a vast cave which provides an interesting contrast to the more intimate Aladdin Cave.
This tour is a great challenge, which you will remember for a long time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You must have an average level of fitness, strength, flexibility and agility.
- You must be a minimum 12 years of age
- When you arrive at Jenolan, we will ask you to complete an indemnity form. You must be over 17 to complete the form. Therefore, if you are under 18, a parent or guardian must come into our office before the tour, to complete the form for you.
- You cannot bring food, chewing gum or drinks (except water) into the cave.
- Bring essentials only, eg, a small plastic bottle of water and a small camera. You will be squeezing and crawling through small spaces, and we are not responsible if your possessions become lost or broken.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, any sort of mobility difficulty or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- 3-hour guided caving experience
- All necessary equipment including: overalls, helmet & headlamp
- Full safety briefing
- Certificate of Achievement
- Footwear - please wear non-slip athletic shoes such as sneakers/joggers or bush walking boots.
- Knee pads - not essential, but if you want to bring your own, make sure they are soft and flexible.
- Clothing for under the overalls - wear comfortable clothing that can get dirty and that will allow full movement under the overalls.
- Accommodation - a wide range of accommodation is available at Jenolan Caves and can be booked separately.
- Food & drink - Jenolan Caves has a cafe, bar and restaurant, where you can purchase snacks, lunch and dinner.
- Transportation to/from Jenolan Caves
4655 Jenolan Caves Rd, Jenolan NSW 2790, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Jenolan Caves in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.