Set in the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area, Jenolan is Australia's most spectacular cave system, the largest cave system in Australia (that is open to the public) and is 340 million years old - ranking it amongst the oldest caves on Earth. Enjoy all that Jenolan's Imperial Cave offers, then explore the beautiful Diamond Branch, with its pure white crystal.
What You'll Get
Jenolan was a protected reserve well before the Diamond Branch was discovered. So, its natural beauty has been completely preserved.
The Imperial-Diamond is regarded as one of Jenolan's less strenuous caves, with only 386 stair steps. So the tour guide can take visitors into this cave at an easy pace.
The first large cavern is known as the 'Woolshed', due to the strangely fluffy appearance of the stalactites. Wide, level passages bring the group to the 'Sinkhole' where the bones of a Tasmanian Devil, long since extinct on the Australian mainland, are on display.
The group passes 'Ridley's Shortcut' and into the 'Shawl Cave' featuring several large and impressive crystal shawl formations. At the end of the 'Shawl Cave' the passageway narrows and a few steps bring the group to a tall, pure white stalagmite named 'Lots Wife'. The 'Crystal Cities' is a huge crystal rimpool formation - a beautiful, unforgettable sight.
The group has the option of descending a winding staircase to view the pure water of the underground river - lots of photo opportunities here!
Then, the group enters the Diamond Branch. This includes visits to the 'Selena Cave', 'Nellies Grotto', the 'Fairy Bower' and the 'Diamond Cave'. The 'Diamond Cave' in particular is quite wonderfully decorated and allows for close inspection of the cave decoration.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There are 386 stair steps on this tour. This tour can be enjoyed by people of all ages and of average fitness. However, it is not suitable for anyone with health or mobility problems.
- Photography is welcomed, but tripods, monopods and selfie sticks are not allowed.
- Front slings are the only baby carrying equipment allowed on this tour.
- Aim to arrive at Jenolan at least 30 minutes before your tour, to find parking and to use the restrooms
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Full guided tour and commentary for 1.5 hours.
- Jenolan has a large cafe, where you can purchase light lunch, drinks and snacks. There is also a large restaurant, which is open every evening. A range of accommodation is available.
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Jenolan Caves in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.