Set in the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area, Jenolan is Australia's most spectacular cave system, the largest cave system in Australia (that is open to the public) and is 340 million years old - ranking it amongst the oldest caves on Earth. Jenolan's Extended Orient tour shows you the breathtaking Orient Cave, plus sections of the Lucas and River caves.
About This Deal
There are approximately 1,000 stair steps on this tour, so it is regarded as 'strenuous'. The tour starts from the 'Binoomea Cut', a man-made shortcut into the Orient Cave. Following the long tunnel, the group enters the Orient Cave via a small but beautiful chamber known as 'Bat End'.
The group heads upstairs to the dramatic 'Persian Chamber'. Many consider this the most stunning chamber at Jenolan. The walls and roof are completely draped in long calcite crystal formations - stalagmites, stalactites, columns, shawls and straws - in breathtaking array. The height of the chamber is just over 30m. The tallest stalagmite at Jenolan is in this chamber.
The group descends into 'The Well', from where they can view the 'Persian Chamber' from a deeper perspective.
Then, they move into the 'Egyptian Chamber', home to the second largest shawl at Jenolan. As the tour descends from the Egyptian Chamber, they pass a small, but exquisite chamber known as 'The Jungle'.
Finally, the group comes to 'The Indian Chamber', which is viewed from two levels. From the top level they get an excellent view of one of our most famous formations, 'The Indian Canopy'. At the bottom of the chamber the group views 'The Crystal Basin', a large, beautiful formation which sometimes fills with pure water.
From the Orient Cave, the tour moves into the labyrinthine River Cave, to see some of its most famous formations, including the awe-inspiring ‘Pool of Reflections’ Then, the group is lead into the massive Lucas Cave, to see some of its main caverns.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There are approximately 1,000 stair steps on this tour. Although this 2 hour tour is regarded as strenuous, it can be enjoyed by people of average fitness. However, it is definitely not suitable for anyone with health or mobility problems, or a fear of heights.
- Photography is welcomed, but tripods, monopods and selfie sticks are not allowed.
- Aim to arrive at Jenolan at least 30 minutes before your tour, to find parking and to use the restrooms.
- Young children are not allowed on this tour. The minimum age is 10.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Full guided tour and commentary for 2 hours.
- Jenolan has a large cafe, where you can purchase light lunch, drinks and snacks. There is also a large restaurant, which is open every evening. A range of accommodation is available.
4655 Jenolan Caves Rd, Jenolan NSW 2790, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Jenolan Caves in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.