Looking for real adventure? Maybe something a little on the dark side? Although Jenolan, near Oberon, in the Blue Mountains of NSW, is Australia's most spectacular cave system, this experience is NOT about looking at scenery. It is about personal achievement and doing something that you can't do elsewhere. Join a small group of fellow travelers (no more than 12 people) through a challenging, but exhilarating journey, climbing, squeezing and crawling deep into the heart of a limestone mountain, as actual cave explorers do. Although people of all ages can take on this introductory caving adventure, it requires average strength, flexibility and agility. No previous caving experience necessary!
What You'll Get
Two highly experienced cave guides will give you a safety briefing, as you pull on your overalls, helmet, headlight and abseiling gear, which we provide.
Weather permitting, you (yes, you) will do a 9 metre abseil (rappel) into a sinkhole, which forms the entrance to the Elder Cave. Don't worry. You do not need any experience at all. We help you every step of the way. That is one of the things that makes this experience so fantastic and satisfying.
We will guide you, slowly, step by step, downwards through the cave. You will carefully slide, crawl, climb over boulders and squeeze through small spaces deep underground. Participants assist each other to overcome each obstacle.
You come out in the Imperial Cave, and make your way to the surface, with a new sense of confidence and accomplishment. It is an exhilarating and empowering activity.
• 4655 Jenolan Caves Rd, Jenolan Caves, New South Wales 2790 Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- You must have an average level of fitness, strength, flexibility and agility.
- You must be a minimum 10 years of age
- When you arrive at Jenolan, we will ask you to complete an indemnity form. You must be over 17 to complete the form. Therefore, if you are under 18, a parent or guardian must come into our office before the tour, to complete the form for you.
- You cannot bring food, chewing gum or drinks (except water) into the cave.
- Bring essentials only, eg, a small plastic bottle of water and a small camera. You will be squeezing and crawling through small spaces, and we are not responsible if your possessions become lost or broken.
- We usually photograph participants on the tour, and make the images available to download from the Internet, free of charge. However we do not guarantee images, and we do not photograph participants who are under 18.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- 2-hour guided caving experience
- All necessary equipment including: overalls, helmet & headlamp
- Certificate of Achievement
- Footwear - please wear non-slip athletic shoes such as sneakers/joggers or bush walking boots.
- Knee pads - not essential, but if you want to bring your own, make sure they are soft and flexible.
- Clothing for under the overalls - wear comfortable clothing that can get dirty and that will allow full movement under the overalls.
- Accommodation - a wide range of accommodation is available at Jenolan Caves and can be booked separately.
- Food & drink - Jenolan Caves has a cafe, bar and restaurant, where you can purchase snacks, lunch and dinner.
- Transportation to/from Jenolan Caves
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Jenolan Caves in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.