Discover the art of making sparkling wine. Go behind the scenes at Josef Chromy winery and learn what it takes to create stunning sparkling wine and even try your hand at making your own. This three-hour experience includes a delicious two-course lunch with matching wine in the restaurant.
What You'll Get
“Tasmania confidently holds its place as Australia’s sparkling capital” and “arguably the greatest region for sparkling wine anywhere in the world outside of Champagne itself”. Tyson Stelzer International Wine Communicator Of The Year 2015.
Go behind the scenes and tour the Josef Chromy winery and learn the how traditional method Sparkling wine is made. The art of making sparkling is explained (and tasted along the way) from base wine to corking and wiring. The tour commences at the Cellar Door and takes in the history of the vineyard and the Tasmanian Wine Industry.
Guests will be taken through the sparkling wine making and disgorging process, then work with the winemaking team in the laboratory to choose and add the liquour, the final step in sparkling wine making. Each participant will produce a bottle of sparkling to their own taste to enjoy on the day and may order sparkling wine at their own dosage rate to be sent following their visit.
Guests conclude with a 2 course lunch matched with wine and a complementary tasting.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- As alcohol is served all guests must be over the age of 18 years.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- 2 course lunch with matching wine
- guided sparkling wine making tour and session
- bottle of sparkling wine made to your own taste to enjoy on the day
- opportunity to order a larger quantity of your sparkling wine (extra cost)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Transportation to/from attractions
Josef Chromy Wines Cellar Door
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Josef Chromy Wines in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.