At King River Rafting we are proud to be bronze medal winners in the 2019 Tasmanian Tourism Awards.
The King River Gorge, Raft and Steam Experience is a collaborative adventure between King River Rafting and the West Coast Wilderness Railway, combining the thrill of white water rafting with a return steam train ride.
Raft through 7km of the King River Gorge's exciting rapids, from Newall Creek to Dubbil Barril, passing through a remote rainforest gorge. It's an awesome and exciting day rafting in the wilderness.
The return steam train ride takes us over a steep ridge using the rack and pinion Abt system to move the train out of the gorge and safely down the other side. Homeward bound the train stops at Rinadeena, a water stop for the train and coffee for us, and again at Lynchford. The last stop is Queenstown, where our tour ends.
About This Deal
We meet at the West Coast Wilderness Railway Station in Queenstown where we get changed and depart for our rafting adventure on the King River. It is a great placed to start with views of Mt Owen and the all important Mt Lyell mine. Below the the steam train is prepared with all the noise, steam and excitement that you would expect.
• King River Rafting, 1 Driffield St West Coast Wilderness Railway Station, Queenstown, Tasmania 7467 Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- This is not a large group experience. We comply with the relevant Tasmanian State Government recommendations. Our rafts carry a maximum of eight guests plus the guide. Groups are capped at 24 guests. Our buses carry up to 12 people.
- All necessary rafting equipment
- Professional guide
- Ride on the West Coast Wilderness Steam Railway
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the KING RIVER RAFTING in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.