At King River Rafting we are proud to be finalists in the 2017 Tasmanian Tourism Awards as Tasmania's only one day wilderness white water rafting specialists.
The King River Gorge, Raft & Steam Experience is a unique tour gives you the best of Rafting and the West Coast Wilderness Railway in one day. Raft the exciting rapids and experience the rugged beauty of the King River Gorge, its rain forest, huon pine and waterfalls. Hear of the exploits of past pioneers, miners and piners. Ride the steam train as it powers up the steep ABT section of line out of the King River Gorge. Raft the King River and meet the West Coast Wilderness Railway deep in the rain forest at Dubbil Barril train station to take the steam train back to Queenstown over the steep ABT section of track. Arriving back in Queenstown early afternoon there is time to drive to your next destination or enjoy the rugged beauty of the town.
About This Deal
Meet at the West Coast Wilderness Railway Station in Drifield Street, Queenstown. There, the group will prepare for the river and drive by bus to the starting point deep in the West Coast Range at Newell Creek.
After a comprehensive safety briefing, take to the King River and plunge into the wilderness in the care of your skilled guides. You will raft through a remote west coast gorge clothed in primeval Tasmanian rain forest with Huon Pine trees cloaking the banks. You will see evidence of mans exploitation of the environment and hear stories of great human endeavor. Stopping at the Garfield River you may catch glimpse of an elusive platypus before continuing on to portage the final rapid of the gorge at Sailor Jack Creek.
Arrive at the remote Dubbil Barril railway station and load the rafts aboard the steam train for your return to Queenstown by 2pm. This tour is a unique experience that will be remembered for a long time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- All necessary rafting equipment
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - West Coast Wilderness Railway
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
Drifield Street, Queesntown
You will be returned to your original pickup location at 5pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the KING RIVER RAFTING in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.