Our Ningaloo Marine Life Viewing and Snorkelling Tour is an affordable half-day excursion that will give you the opportunity to view a variety of ocean life from the comfort of our vessel, before snorkelling over the magnificent Ningaloo coral reef lagoon.
On this shore-to-shore excursion on our luxury vessel, Wave Rider, you will dedicate the first half of the tour to viewing marine life active during the time of your visit from the comfort of our deck. You will have a great vantage point and the assistance of our experienced team who guide you on the tour.
The Ningaloo Marine Life Viewing and Snorkelling Tour runs 01 November through to December and for part of March every year.
What You'll Get
Which marine creatures will you see?
The Ningaloo Marine Life Viewing and Snorkelling Tour runs year round. Depending on the season, you will be likely to see Manta Rays (August to November) and Humpback Whales (August to October). You may also be lucky enough to spot sea turtles (October to March), dolphins and more. Please note that this tour offers the opportunity to view the creatures of the outer reef from the comfort of our vessel. It does not include a spotter plane or swimming with Whale Sharks or Humpback Whales. Please see our other tours for an extended full day tour options with swimming.
Snorkelling the lagoon
Following the marine life viewing, we will travel back into the Ningaloo Lagoon, the shallower sheltered inner area of the Ningaloo Reef. The lagoon is a wonderland for snorkellers, with an average depth of between 2 and 4 metres and warm waters. You are likely to view stunning tropical fish and many types of coral when you snorkel over the coral reef. The protected lagoon forms an important nursery for hundreds of types of fish, molluscs and coral.
Who is this tour suitable for?
This intimate tour for a maximum of 10 guests is ideal for those who prefer to view marine life from the security of a vessel on the open ocean, before snorkelling in the protected waters of the lagoon. It’s perfect for families with children and for those looking for a shorter, relaxed half day tour option.
The snorkelling component is best for moderately competent swimmers over the age of 10 years who have snorkelled before. We may be able to accept children younger than 10 who are competent swimmers to snorkel and can also cater to some special needs and movement restrictions – please contact us to discuss. High-quality wetsuits and flippers, including children’s sizes, and flotation devices are provided as required.
Can you guarantee I’ll see particular marine creatures on my tour?
We compare all our tours to an African Safari, where we search for animals in the wild. This tour is focussed on viewing Ningaloo marine life which is active at the time of your tour, and this can vary through the seasons. We do not use a spotter plane for this tour and cannot guarantee you will see a Humpback Whale, Whale Shark or any other specific marine life. For our tours that use spotter planes to track ocean life, please see our other tours.
Where can I join this tour?
Our luxury vessel, Wave Rider, departs from Tantabiddi Boat Ramp just north of the Cape Range national park entrance in Exmouth. Complimentary transfers are provided to and from Exmouth township for your tour. Advance Bookings for all tours are essential. Due to the small, intimate scale of our tours with a maximum of 10 places, we recommend booking several months in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years (Children 5 and older may be considered if the parents are confident in their ability to snorkel in the ocean)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Complimentary transfers to and from Exmouth township to Tantabiddi Boat Ramp departure point (if pick up is selected)
- 4 hour excursion shore to shore
- Luxury vessel ‘Wave Rider’ with qualified skipper, deckhand, and marine scientist guide
- Educational talks by our highly qualified crew
- High-quality wetsuits and snorkel gear
- Light morning refreshments (Tea/coffee, biscuits and fruit)
- Two hours Marine Life viewing from the deck of our vessel
- Gourmet lunch
- 2 hour relaxed lagoon cruise and snorkel (subject to conditions)
- National park fees
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Coffee and/or Tea
Tantabiddi boat ramp
Meeting time: 9:00am
Departure time: 10:00am
Returns to original departure point
Pickups and drop-offs are also available in Exmouth township. The earliest pickup time is 9:00 am. If needed, specify in the special requirements section and list where you'll be staying.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Live Ningaloo in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.