If you are seeking a very special Whale Shark or Humpback Whale swimming experience, tailored for you or your group, this unique bespoke option allows you to swim with Whale Sharks (01 April – 31 July) or Humpback Whales (01 August – 31 October) on your own private guided tour. Our luxury vessel, the Wave Rider, and experienced crew will be at your disposal for this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Our private group Whale Shark or Humpback Whale Swimming Tours are available as follows:
• 01 April – 31 July: Whale Shark Swimming tour.
• 01 August – 31 October: Humpback Whale swimming tour.
Don’t need a private booking? You can join our small group Whale Shark Swimming and Adventure Day Tour or Humpback Whale Swimming and Adventure Day Tour instead. We are the bespoke tour specialists at Ningaloo Reef, specialising in small group tours for a maximum of 10 people.
What You'll Get
Private Whale Shark Swimming Tour (April to July)
On our private Whale Shark swimming adventure you will have the most intimate and bespoke tour experience, the greatest flexibility, and the most time in the water. The tour allows you to snorkel and swim beside 12 – 18 metre long Whale Sharks in the warm, clear waters of the Indian Ocean. By exclusively booking our boat, you can choose exactly who to share this magical experience with – we can host a group of up to 10 guests at a time.
Whale Shark swimming tours are suited to a range of ages and swimming abilities and we accept confident swimmers from 10 years of age. You do not need to be able to SCUBA dive to swim with Whale Sharks, as they swim close to the surface. Swimmers should be able to snorkel, swim freestyle and cope with currents and swell in the open ocean, and we can also provide flotation devices to assist those who require. We may accept younger children who are very competent swimmers to swim with Whale Sharks and can also cater to some special needs and movement restrictions – please contact us to discuss. Passengers can also participate in our tours as an ‘observer’.
Private Humpback Whale Swimming Tour (August to October)
Swimming with Humpback Whales is an opportunity that has only been offered in Western Australia since 2016, when selected operators were granted licences on a preliminary trial. The new licencing allows us to offer you an intimate swim with Humpback Whales on your own private tour. You’ll be able to interact closely with magnificent Humpbacks, the acrobats of the ocean, in this exclusive experience for a private group of up to 10 people. Humpback whales, measuring up to 18m long and weighing as much as 40 tonnes, and are easy to spot as they exhibit behaviours such as breaching, slapping the water with their tales (flukes) and fins, and blowing streams of water up to 6 metres in the air. We will escort groups of five at a time to snorkel and swim within a safe distance of them.
Our Humpback Whale swimming tours are suited to a range of ages and swimming abilities and we accept confident swimmers from 10 years of age. You do not need to be able to SCUBA dive to swim with Humpbacks. Swimmers should be able to snorkel, swim freestyle and cope with currents and swell in the open ocean, and we can also provide flotation devices to assist those who require. We may accept younger children who are very competent swimmers to swim and can also cater to some special needs and movement restrictions – please contact us to discuss. Do keep in mind that Humpback Whales can exhibit exuberant behaviour such as lunging and slapping while in the water. Passengers can participate in our tours as an ‘observer’ and view these amazing mammals from the comfort of our vessel deck. Please note that one parent must accompany the children on board the boat at all times.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Recommended items to bring: towel, swimwear, and comfortable clothing
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Due to the limited availability of this tour, we encourage you to contact us well in advance to book a Private Whale Shark or Humpback Whale Swimming Tour.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Our Private Whale Shark or Humpback Whale Swimming Tour includes:
- Private tour booked especially for you and your group of up to 10 people.
- Complimentary transfers to and from Exmouth township to Tantabiddi Boat Ramp departure point
- Full day (7 hour) excursion shore to shore
- Luxury vessel ‘Wave Rider’ with qualified skipper, deckhand, photographer and marine scientist guide
- High quality wet suits and snorkel gear
- Educational ‘pre-swim’ session
- Light Morning tea and beverages
- Gourmet lunch
- Glass of champagne at day’s end to toast your adventures
- Spotter plane guidance
- Professional digital photography on deck and underwater supplied at no additional cost
- Afternoon coral reef snorkel (conditions permitting)
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Towel and swimwear
Tantabiddi Boat Ramp
Tantabiddi boat ramp departure at 8:45am
Exmouth Township pick ups are available starting at 7:45am each morning. Please advise if pickup is necessary
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Live Ningaloo in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.