Think you’re brave enough to come face to fin with a shark? Get up close and personal with fascinating, critically endangered creatures including Grey Nurse Sharks, stingrays and an amazing array of fish! With no experience required, SCUBA training is provided before you dive into our 1.5million litre oceanarium -all without the safety of a cage!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sea Life Sydney Aquarium, Aquarium Pier Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Our colony of Grey Nurse Sharks range in size from 1 to 3 metres, and when you dive with us, you get to enter their domain –without cages! In the wild, Grey Nurse Shark populations are protected and in serious decline. Captive populations and breeding programs are very important in learning more about these amazing creatures. Dive in with Murdoch & Freckles, the Grey Nurse Sharks who were both born at SEA LIFE attractions in Australia, and have now found a home here at SEA LIFE Sydney.
On your dive you’ll also meet other Sydney local marine life including sea turtles, huge stingrays (and we mean HUGE), Port Jackson Sharks, Wobbegong Sharks and hundreds of amazing sea creatures!
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- IMPORTANT NOTE: All divers MUST be able to speak English and have a reasonable degree of swimming ability. For health and safety reasons we are unable to allow non-English speakers to dive with our sharks.
- Scuba Diving is physically demanding and can be dangerous if you suffer from certain medical conditions. It is very important that you, the diver, do not suffer from any contraindications to diving.
- Please carefully read the below list of medical conditions that may prohibit you from taking part in the Shark Dive for your own safety.
- Heart Disease
- Chest Conditions including Pneumothorax
- Sinus Conditions
- Ear problems/surgery
- High blood pressure
- Pregnancy (pregnant woman are not permitted to dive)
- If you suffer from or have suffered from any of the above medical conditions OR If you suffer from any other medical conditions, including recent injuries, surgeries or psychological conditions then you will be required to obtain a fully completed medical clearance from your doctor prior to booking in for the dive (cost varies)
- DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL the night before your dive.
- DO NOT fly in an aircraft within 12 hours after your dive.
- You must have a reasonable degree of swimming ability.
- Near public transportation
- Minimum age 14 years - for any diver under the age of 18, parental consent and attendance at the briefing on the day of the dive is required
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- This 2.5 hour experience includes a guided tour of the shark tunnels, a safety briefing, SCUBA training and a 30 minute dive in Shark Harbour:
- Introduction to Scuba Diving’ briefing and pool skills session (approx. 90 minutes)
- All dive gear and wetsuits
- 30-minute shark dive
- Guides to lead you to the sharks
- Every diver receives a certificate of achievement –You dived and survived!
- A towel and bathers are all that is required
- If you have your own mask and full-length wetsuit please feel free to bring them along
- All non-certified divers are required to complete medical declaration on the day
- Entry/Admission - Sea Life Sydney Aquarium
2 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Merlin Entertainments Group in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.