Only an hour away from Sydney, explore bushland and beaches in the national park at Pittwater. Departing from our marina location on kayak, discover the sandy inlets, cliffs and gum trees of the western foreshore of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park – accessible only by water! Kayak around Scotland Island and drift down Salvation Creek past the mangroves, before paddling into secluded Lovett Bay for morning tea. Take in the tranquil surroundings while feasting on a picnic-style spread of fresh fruit and pastries. Choose to take a dip in the inviting waters or pop on your walking shoes for a bush walk among the gum trees. The destination? A hidden rainforest waterfall above Lovett Bay. Your experienced local guide will share in-depth knowledge on the region and its native flora and fauna. After a blissful time on the water, you’ll be ready to return back to shore with unforgettable memories!
About This Deal
• This tour is approximately four hours long not including transport from the city. Allow approximately one hour driving time each way by car and 1 1/2 hour by public transportation via the B Line / 156 Bus lines.
• All paddlers arrive at the Bayview Anchorage Marina at 9am, for a 9:30am departure. Return time is between 1-1:30pm depending on wind conditions and participant's fitness levels.
• Double sit in kayaks and all safety equipment is provided, as well as a water bottle and a morning tea of fruit and breakfast pastries.
• After a brief safety instruction, we launch and paddle approximately 2 hours around Scotland Island and into Lovett Bay. After a 30 minute bush walk, a quick swim and a morning tea served picnic style on a secluded beach, we will paddle approximately 60 minutes back to our marina.
• All paddlers must have moderate fitness, be able to swim and be confident on the water.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and minimum age is 12 yrs old. Each child or teen will need (1) adult each per double kayak.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, comfortable quick-drying clothes suitable for the weather and a change of clothes for the trip home. Depending on the season, dress for both sun protection and warmth knowing all attire can get wet. This experience includes both kayaking and a short bush walk. Suitable footwear is recommended.
- The experience provider reserves the right to cancel the experience at anytime due to wind or weather conditions deemed to dangerous for the tour to proceed and will reschedule the tour on another date.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Bottled water
- Morning tea including fruit and pastries
- Kayaking Guide(s)
- Double sit in kayaks, Personal Flotation Devices and paddle
- The listed price does not include parking fees, however free parking may be available. Please allow additional time to secure parking.
1714 Pittwater Rd, Bayview NSW 2104, Australia
4 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Paddlecraft in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.