This half-day bushwalking tour features the wildlife and unspoiled natural landscapes of Morialta Conservation Park, located just 30 minutes from downtown Adelaide. Follow your guide along nature trails with an abundance of native flora and fauna set amid sheer rock faces, gorges, and seasonal waterfalls. Morialta is one of the best places in Adelaide to see Koala's in the wild!
This is a moderate graded hike. The total distance walked is approximately 6 km over 3 hours. It involves some steep inclines and uneven surfaces and an average level of fitness and good mobility is required.
About This Deal
After hotel pickup from central Adelaide, relax on the 30-minute drive to Morialta Conservation Park. You'll travel by minivan with a small group limited to eight passengers. En route, learn from your guide about the region, which is part of the traditional lands belonging to the aboriginal Kaurna people. Translated as 'ever flowing,' Morialta offers visitors a look at three seasonal waterfalls that cascade down sheer quartzite cliffs in the 1,236-acre (500-hectare) bushland.
Duration: 30 minutes
Location: pureSA, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 Australia
On arrival, set off on foot along hiking trails with your guide, and walk to rugged vistas to observe the morning light reflected on rock faces in the national reserve. You'll come upon the grand Morialta Falls and Second Falls. The less-visited and more tranquil Third Falls is nestled at the end of the trail. Take time to listen to the softly cascading water in this peaceful setting along Fourth Creek.
It's likely you'll spot koalas amid the diverse wildlife, including the occasional kangaroo or echidna. The creeks, rock pools, and higher slopes of the gorge offer an ideal habitat to several species of frogs and small lizards such as geckos, skinks, and dragons. Listen to the sounds of native birds such as the superb fairy-wren, rare golden whistler, rainbow lorikeet, and laughing kookaburra. See how many species you can discover, and search for delicate orchid species and other wildflowers that are abundant each winter and spring.
Duration: 3 hours
Location: Morialta Conservation Park, Stradbroke Road 10km North East of Adelaide, Woodforde, South Australia 5072 Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 12 and under
- This is a moderate graded hike. The total distance walked is approximately 6 km over 3 hours. It involves some steep inclines and uneven surfaces and a good level of fitness and mobility is required.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- In the interest of sustainability we recommend to bring a refillable drink bottle.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- National Park fee
- Professional guide
- Morning snack
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Morialta Conservation Park
- Food and drinks, unless specified
pureSA tours, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Main departure point and time is 8am from the pureSA office located at The Joinery, 111 Franklin Street, Adelaide. If you have selected a hotel pickup from the above list you must be waiting outside the hotel no later than 7.40am.
4 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the pureSA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.