Three of Adelaide’s finest must do’s rolled into one amazing experience! Start your day exploring the culinary capital of South Australia with a guided tour of the Adelaide Central Market, a mecca of over 80-artisan food stalls, cafes and wine stores. Then with your gourmet packed lunch in hand it’s off for a short stop at Mount Lofty Summit to witness the amazing views across Adelaide before arriving at Cleland Wildlife Park. Cleland is the best place in Adelaide for a hands-on encounter with Australia’s most unique and curious wildlife including the ever favourite koalas, kangaroos and wallabies.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adelaide Central Market, 44 - 60 Gouger St, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 Australia
Your day starts with the awakening of your senses at the Adelaide Central Market - this exclusive 1 hour small group tour by market specialist Central Market Tours is sure to tantalise your taste buds! The sights and sounds of the iconic market will come alive as you indulge in some sample tastings and visit top stores, such as the famous Italian Lucia’s Fine Foods, the wickedly delicious Providore cake stall and Something Wild for exotic Australian fare. As part of the market tour you will receive a delicious gourmet roll and piece of seasonal fruit from the Market Kitchen, all packed and ready for your day.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: 266 Mount Lofty Summit Road Cleland, South Australia Australia
At the conclusion of the Central Market tour you will be directed to the location (short walk) where you meet the pureSA bus and guide to take you on the Cleland Wildlife Park day trip. Your 30 minute trip into the Adelaide Hills takes the scenic Cleland Conservation Park route. First we take a short stop at Mount Lofty Summit where you’ll enjoy an amazing panoramic view over the whole of Adelaide. At approximately 710m, the summit is the highest point in the Adelaide Hills with uninterrupted views to the Gulf St. Vincent and as far as the eye can see north and south along the coastline.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Cleland Wildlife Park, Mount Lofty Summit Road, Crafers, South Australia 5152 Australia
Your tour then continues to Cleland Wildlife Park, a 35 hectares natural bush setting that provides an open space environment with very few enclosures. It is home to over 130 species of native animals and is one of only a few places in the world where you can hold a koala. Cleland Wildlife Park is well known for its management and care in the health and well-being of the animals.
Following an orientation of the park and its attractions by your guide, you’ll be free explore the park and follow the self-discovery trails. Find an abundance of native wildlife as you walk among the free roaming animals, engage with the park’s friendliest inhabitants by hand feeding the kangaroo’s, wallabies and potoroo’s, and explore the lively wetlands where the pelicans, cormorants and water birds live.
Your entry fee includes the Koala ‘close-up’ experience where you can say hello and photograph one of the park’s cutest inhabitants while listening to the keepers who care for them. Don’t forget the interactive keeper talks; it is a great way to learn about and see the animals in action! The Ocean to Outback Interpretive Centre provides an opportunity to learn about South Australia’s diverse ecosystems whilst viewing the nocturnal animals, small mammals and reptiles – you may even choose the reptile hold experience!
You'll arrive at Cleland Wildlife Park just before 11am and leave the park around 3pm, which gives you plenty of time to discover and walk around the park.
At the conclusion of the day your guide will transport you back to Adelaide to be dropped off in the City or directly back to your hotel (city only).
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Does not operate Christmas Day
- Koala experiences do not operate on days when the forecast calls for temperatures above 90 degrees F (32 degrees C) in Mount Barker
- Park maps are provided and available in English, French, Chinese, German, Italian or Japanese
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers is approximate; the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Wheelchairs available at Cleland Wildlife Park; please advise at time of booking if required
- Small-group tour (maximum 13)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Guided Adelaide Central Market Tour
- Packed Gourmet Lunch from the market Kitchen
- Return Transport to Mount Lofty and Cleland Wildlife Park
- Park Orientation
- Bag of Animal Food
- Koala 'close up' experience
- Keeper Talks
- Cleland Wildlife Park Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Adelaide Central Market
- Entry/Admission - Mount Lofty Summit
- Entry/Admission - Cleland Wildlife Park
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Hold a koala' Experience - an additional fee (from $30 per person); includes a professional photograph (cannot be booked in advance)
Adelaide Central Market, 44-60 Gouger St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Adelaide CBD, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the pureSA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.