Spend a full day discovering the picturesque Victor Harbor and world renowned McLaren Vale wine region. This fully guided, small group tour will take you on a journey to discover the nature, wildlife and local produce of the Fleurieu Peninsula. Stopping at Victor Harbor for an island walk and open ocean boat cruise then onto McLaren Vale wine region to visit two iconic biodynamic wineries. This perfect blend delivers a touch of adventure, a hint of indulgence and a smattering of culture leaving you with a lasting impression of South Australia.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: pureSA, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 Australia
After a complimentary city hotel pick up, ease in to your day’s adventure on a scenic drive to the south coast.
Stop At: Port Noarlunga Reef, Port Noarlunga, South Australia 5167 Australia
Travel through the city, along the coast and into the countryside of the Fleurieu Peninsula region. Take a quick coffee break at one of the quaint seaside towns.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Granite Island, Victor Harbor, South Australia 5211 Australia
On arrival at Victor Harbor revitalise with a stroll along the iconic causeway to the historic Granite Island. Be amazed by the breathtaking ocean views and nature of the local area. Sit down to a delicious picnic lunch provided by a sustainable local caterer.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Waitpinga Beach, Dennis Road, Waitpinga, Victor Harbor, South Australia Australia
Meet your captain for a 45 minute open ocean boat cruise to Seal Island. As you cruise along witness the spectacular Waitpinga Cliffs and look out for an array of seabirds such as petrels, shearwaters and cormorants. With a bit of luck, the playful local dolphins may even pop up to say hello! Looping around Seal Island see Australian Sea Lions and Long-Nosed Fur Seals basking in the sun or frolicking in the water.
Stop At: d'Arenberg, Osborn Rd, McLaren Vale, South Australia 5171 Australia
After a short drive through McLaren Vale wine region arrive at d'Arenberg winery with time to explore the famous cube. Each of the five levels have been carefully designed to entice and excite the senses, including features such as a wine sensory room, virtual fermenter and many other tactile experiences in the Alternate Realities Museum. Finish off your experience with a tasting session of their delicious biodynamic wines.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Gemtree Wines, 167 Elliott Rd, McLaren Flat, South Australia 5171 Australia
Next on to the eco friendly Gemtree wines. Enjoy a progressive wine tasting while learning about the biodynamic practices and philosophy behind this family owned property. Finish off the afternoon with a Vintner’s Platter and glass of Gemtree regional wine while admiring the expansive views across the vineyard. Relax and enjoy your afternoon drive back to Adelaide city.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Note that the boat cruise is operated by Big Duck boat tours. The maximum passenger capacity (27) is higher than that of the rest of your pureSA tour.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather and wear clothing and footwear suitable for walking, noting that the tour includes an open ocean boat cruise.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- The boat cruise operates in the open ocean and wind and ocean swells can cause bumpy conditions. This cruise may be cancelled in inclement weather.
- The boat cruise is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Small group tour (maximum 10)
- Experienced guide
- Local produce picnic lunch
- Seal Island boat tour (45 min)
- Biodynamic Gemtree wines tour
- Wine tasting
- Local produce platter.
- Return transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Pickup and drop-off from Adelaide City accommodation
- d'Arenberg Cube Alternate Realities Museum
- Entry/Admission - d'Arenberg
- Coffee and/or Tea
pureSA tours, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Main departure point and time is 9.30am from the pureSA office located at The Joinery, 111 Franklin Street, Adelaide. If you have selected a hotel pickup from the above list you must be waiting outside the hotel no later than 9.10am.
8 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the pureSA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.