With more than 20 years hospitality experience, Rowan will guide you through Australia's foodie capital.
We'll discuss what's in season and what we might make with it. After collectively deciding on a menu, we'll stroll through Melbourne's laneways before arriving at the Queen Victoria Market.
After shopping it's home to prepare our bounty, before sitting down to a leisurely lunch.
What You'll Get
We meet in my apartment in the middle of the bustling degraves precinct, after a light breakfast we will discuss seasonal produce and talk about the type of cuisine we would like to cook.
After deciding on a menu of dishes we will write shopping lists and take a stroll through Melbourne's laneways up to the Queen Victoria Market. Once there participants will explore the market and help procure the ingredients for lunch.
Once the shopping is done we jump onto a tram back to Flinders Lane and start to prepare our feast. Participants are shown how to prepare the food in a convivial atmosphere, with plenty of supervision to ensure a quality result.
With all of the hard work done, we retire to the dining room to enjoy the fruits of labour.
• Queen Victoria Market, Victoria Street Corner of Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
• Steamed Barramundi with Spring Onion and Ginger
• Slow cooked beef rib with chilli caramel
• Stir fried sand crab with XO sauce
• Steamed gai laan with oyster sauce
• Stir fried Asparagus with shiitake mushrooms
• Silken tofu served with tomatoes and an asian vinaigrette
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Breakfast - A very light breakfast, home made bread, maybe a pastry, tea and coffee
- Lunch - All of the produce used to create our lunch are covered in the cost of the tour
258 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Foodie Adventure Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.