Delve deeper into the Shrine by joining a 45-minute tour, led by an expert guide.
Discover the fascinating history of this monument born by grief after the First World War, which now provides a place of remembrance for Australian service and sacrifice in all wars since.
Learn about our commemorative spaces, special exhibitions and the personal stories that make the Shrine a living monument.
About This Deal
Visit: Shrine of Remembrance, St. Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004 Australia
Meet your Tour Guide at the Shrine's Visitor Centre information desk at your nominated tour time.
Your tour will begin and finish in the Shrine Visitors Centre and include:
• Explanation of the distinctive architectural features, statues, poignant inscriptions, building design and history
• A visit to the Sanctuary via the grand bronze doors to experience the Ray of Light activation
• Stunning views of the memorial gardens, the city of Melbourne and surrounds from the Balcony
• The Shrine's Crypt to understand more about the many years of history encapsulated in this small space
• A tour of the Galleries to learn about fascinating personal histories and artifacts on display
• A visit to the interactive Peace Wall display before your tour concludes back at the Shrine Visitor Centre
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Shrine tours involve a moderate amount of walking including a large number of stairs.
- Shrine tour participants are requested to dress comfortably, yet respectfully. Comfortable, respectful clothing with a hat
- Walking shoes and a hat during the warmer months as some of the tour takes in some of the Shrine's exterior. Please note, as a sign of respect, hats should be removed in the Sanctuary.
- For those who upgrade to a Tour and a Tiffin, please supply any dietary requirements directly to the Shrine by email 24 hours prior to your tour.
- Closed Good Friday and Christmas Day
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- All tour participants receive a 10% discount when making purchases from the Shrine Gift Shop.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Shrine of Remembrance
- The Shrine does not have a cafe onsite, however cool drinks are available to purchase from the Shrine's Gift Shop
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Snacks (available for purchase)
- Non-alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Shrine of Remembrance in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.