Join an expert guide on this 75-minute tour and delve deeper into a compelling narrative. Uncover some of the fascinating stories and historical controversies associated with this beautiful building with a soul. Your professional guide will weave a captivating narrative that draws together the strands of history and personal experiences into a compelling chronicle that will make your Shrine Tour experience truly memorable. If you would like to recharge after your Shrine Tour you can add on a transportable tiffin from Jardin Tan containing a selection of gourmet treats. Produced exclusively for Shrine Tour participants, your tiffin can be enjoyed inside restaurant located close to the Shrine, or picnic style within the beautiful Royal Botanic Gardens.
What You'll Get
Visit: Shrine of Remembrance, St. Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3001 Australia
Meet your Tour Guide at the Shrine's Visitor Centre information desk at your nominated tour time.
Your tour will begin and finish in the Shrine Visitors Centre and include:
• The Garden Courtyard with lesser known views of the Shrine’s North-Western corner
• Explanation of the distinctive architectural features, statues, poignant inscriptions and building design from the Western steps
• The history surrounding the Southern steps of the Shrine, uncovering the significance of this vantage point often overlooked by casual visitors to the Shrine.
• A visit to the Sanctuary via the grand bronze doors to experience the Ray of Light Ceremony
• Stunning views of the memorial gardens, the City of Melbourne and surrounds from the Balcony
• The Shrine's Crypt to understand more about the many years of history encapsulated in this small space
• A tour of the Galleries to learn some of the astounding acts of valor, fascinating personal histories, and artifacts on display.
• A visit to the interactive Peace Wall display before your tour concludes back at the Shrine Visitor Centre.
If you decide to add on a gourmet tiffin after your tour, these are collected across the road from the Shrine at Jardin Tan. Located at the Gate O entrance to the Royal Botanic Gardens, your tiffin treats can be enjoyed inside at Jardin Tan, or picnic style within the Gardens. When you finish your tiffin, simply return it at the agreed time back to Jardin Tan.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Shrine is wheelchair accessible except for the Balcony area.
- Shrine tours are not suited to people with mobility issues, wheelchairs, walking frames, or reliant on crutches.
- Shrine tours involve a moderate amount of walking including a large number of stairs.
- Shrine tour participants are requested to dress comfortably, yet respectfully. Comfortable, respectful clothing with a hat
- Walking shoes and a hat during the warmer months as some of the tour takes in some of the Shrine's exterior. Please note, as a sign of respect, hats should be removed in the Sanctuary.
- For those who upgrade to a Tour and a Tiffin, please supply any dietary requirements directly to the Shrine by email firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours prior to your tour.
- Closed Good Friday and Christmas Day
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- All tour participants receive a 10% discount when making purchases from the Shrine Gift Shop.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- For those who select a Tour and a Tiffin upgrade the selection of food will be subject to seasonality and based on a chefs selection.
- Indicative menu items that may be included are below:
- Cold grilled curry chicken salad with slaw sandwich on white bread
- Marinated prawns dressed in firecracker with cucumber and spring onions sandwich on white bread
- Open faced small bahn xeo
- Rice paper roll or spring roll
- Crab salad in lettuce cup
- Vietnamese inspired sweet
- Entry/Admission - Shrine of Remembrance
- The Shrine does not have a cafe onsite, however cool drinks are available to purchase from the Shrine's Gift Shop
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Snacks (available for purchase)
- Non-alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
1 hour 15 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Shrine of Remembrance in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.