This is the perfect experience to show the best of what Sydney has to offer and learn about single malt whiskey (and whisky) at the same time– perhaps for a work team, or a group of friends – definitely for people you are wanting to impress. Whether you are a whiskey drinker or not – in this experience you will learn what to look for, how to taste it… and the different origins and flavours of whiskeys. Each of the four whiskeys will be matched with a cheese, nuts or chocolate depending on the intended experience of the whiskey.
Captain Stu will ensure that you have the best views of the harbour. Departing Mort Bay, heads past Goat Island, Luna Park, Sydney Harbour Bridge, the opera house, farm cove, the botanical gardens, Fort Denison to Taronga park zoo. Where you will anchor for your whiskey experience.
Cruise the world famous harbour aboard a classic wooden sail boat, Ellen R has been meticulously restored to her original splendour.
What You'll Get
• Your own exclusive use of a classic 40 foot wooden cruiser built in 1958 by Norman R Wright & Sons and designed by Ron Wright. She was fully restored in 2017.
• Experienced skipper to guide you to the best vantage points to view the city of Sydney, Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Fort Denison.
• Cheese, chocolate and nuts to match the whiskeys
• Selection of four single malt whiskeys of different ages and regions
• A selection of soft drinks, beer, wine and teas available too
• This makes a great small team work event
• Plenty of stories about the history of Sydney – it’s characters, icons and maritime mysteries.
• Starting in Mort Bay this experience cruises past Goat Island Sydney Harbour, then heads under the Harbour Bridge to Farmers Cove, (Botanical Gardens and Opera House) past Fort Denison, across to Taronga Zoo (this is where you will drop anchor for your cocktails to be made and served) with spectacular views back to the city – then returns to Mort Bay.
• Additional people can be accommodated with a per person fee (max 10)
This experience departs at 4.30pm – 7.00 pm (winter) at 5.00pm – 7.30 pm (summer) (2.5 Hours) 1 hour cruising and 1.hour anchored for cocktails or whisky lesson - and .5 hours for return trip.
Available Tuesday - Sunday (excludes public holidays)
Numbers on the Day
This voucher is valid for six people. You will have exclusive use of your own private wooden with skipper and crew.
Our job is to make sure you are comfortable – you can be completely undercover and enclosed so even in winter this is a lovely experience. In summer there is a deck to lounge on. The experience provider is happy to reschedule for another time if it is very windy, or raining.
Comfortable clothing is recommended please bring jackets – even on hot days it can be chilly on the water if there is a breeze. And flat white soled shoes (though bare feet are welcome too)
Special dietary requirements such as gluten free or vegetarian can be accommodated. Please advise at time of booking.
Pick up from public wharf on Mort Bay at the end of Yeend Street Birchgrove, Balmain. This experience cruises Port Jackson (Sydney Harbour) under the Harbour Bridge to Farmers Cove, (Botanical Gardens and Opera House) past Fort Denison, across to Taronga Zoo – then returns to Mort Bay. There is plenty of free street parking (or it is $20 cab from Sydney CBD) or a ferry from Circular Quay to Balmain Wharf.
Latitude and Longitude for Yeend St (Birchgrove) (coordinates of the marker on the map): -33.853251,151.188304
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Glass of Champagne
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Departs from the Yeend Street public jetty, Ballast Point Park, Mort Bay, Birchgrove, NSW.
3 hours 30 minutes
Yeend Street, public jetty on Yeend Street, ballast Point Park, Birchgrove, NSW
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sydney Harbour Water Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.