Over 5 days experience the amazing variety of Tasmania exploring the scenic, sunny east coast. Visit the must see places including Wineglass Bay, the Freycinet Peninsula and the Bay of Fires as well some local secrets along the way. You'll camp in comfortable canvas tents, there are some amazing walks included and there are plenty of opportunities for close encounters with the wildlife.
What You'll Get
This 5-daysmall group guided active camping and walking tour starting in Launceston and ending in Hobarts explores the hills and fantastic beaches on the East coast of Tasmania. Participation in duties around the camp like cooking and clean up from meals are encouraged as this builds a great sense of team spirit.
Accommodation in large canvas tents with room to stand up in. They are 4 person tents but only 2 people will be accommodated in each tent to ensure maximum comfort.
Day 1 (L,D) Launceston to Blue Tiers
Leave Launceston at approximately 8am heading for the North East of Tasmania traveling via Scottsdale to check out the cool temperate rainforest communities. There are a variety of walks to choose from including some great waterfalls and panoramic Blue Tiers trails.
Day 2 (B,L,D) Blue Tiers to Freycinet Peninsula
Travel to the coast and arrive to the dazzling turquoise waters and white sands of the Bay of Fires. Explore the rich cultural heritage of the traditional owners in a tranquil setting. You’ll camp on a property with great views and plenty of wildlife including wallabies and wombats
Day 3 (B,L,D) Freycinet National Park
As the overnight camp is right on the edge of Freycinet National Park it’s only a short car journey for a choice of walks including Mt Amos for outstanding views or the Wineglass Bay - Hazards beach loop. You will camp on the same property tonight.
Day 4 (B,L,D) Freycinet Peninsula to Tasman Peninsula
There are many short walks in Freycinet before making your way south again. Enjoy the scenic drive through some little used back roads to the towering sea cliffs of the Tasman Peninsula. A walk to one of the many stunning capes in the region before camping overnight at the Cape Raoul. Maybe enjoy a sauna to unwind on this unique property.
DAY 5 (B,L) Tasman Peninsula to Hobart
For the truly adventurous an early morning walk to the sea cliffs for sunrise is an option. A great way to round off the trip is the Mt Brown / Remarkable cave walks. This leaves you with time to see many of the other natural wonders in the area before making your way back to Hobart, arriving at approximately 5pm. It is possible to conclude your tour at Port Arthur if you wish to spend more time to explore the World Heritage listed site. If you want to stay an extra day in Tasman Peninsula / Port Arthur area at your own expense we may be able to assist with transport and this can be decided during the trip.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair Some sections may be subject to favorable weather conditions. Alternative activities will be planned
- Walks are suitable for moderate fitness. Walks may be several shorter walks in a day or one longer walk up to 6 hours, but leaving plenty of time for lunch and enjoying the environment. Trails are in remote locations and sometimes uneven terrain but certainly achievable if you enjoy the outdoors
- You only carry a day pack - car supported camping so it is lightweight
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- 4 nights camping accommodation
- Transport including hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park Fees
- Bush camping equipment
- Professional tour guide
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Alcoholic drinks (A small amount may be brought on tour or purchased on the way)
- Personal equipment hire
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick ups usually from 8 am depending on number of pick ups - we will contact you if this time needs to change
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tasmanian Safaris in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.