Embark on a 4.5-hour culinary walking tour of the prized Queen Victoria Market and the nearby suburb of Carlton — known as Melbourne’s 'Little Italy.' In a small group of 8 people or less, you'll experience a paradise of food and multicultural heritage. Stroll through the largest open-air market in the Southern Hemisphere, learning about the local culture and history as you go. Enjoy a sit-down lunch and glass of Victorian wine and feel what it’s like to live like a Melbourne local.
What You'll Get
Your tour begins at Queen Victoria Market on Peel Street, where you'll greet your guide and receive a culinary overview of Melbourne.
Enjoy a rare insight into the history of Melbourne and how the character of the city has developed while strolling through its iconic Queen Victoria Market. Peruse its many stalls and savor samples while your local guide regales you with stories of the largest open-air market in the Southern Hemisphere.
Savor some of the city’s best coffee, sit down to lunch, and enjoy a glass of Victorian wine — paired with cheeses — at a carefully selected market venue.
Your guide also points out the works of local designers and artists along the way, allowing ample time to explore what appeals to you most.
Then, continue on to the Melbourne suburb of Carlton, home to its own unique market as well as cafes, bars, and shops that you’re free to enjoy on your own once the tour concludes on Lyon Street in Carlton.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be 18 years old or above to drink
- May be led by a multi-lingual guide
- Please let us know of any specific dietary requirements (vegetarian options available) when booking
- Operates rain or shine; please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. Cancellation after confirmation is possible if there aren't enough guests. If this occurs you will be offered an alternative tour date or full refund
- Maximum of 8 people per booking
- Involves a moderate amount of walking
- Not recommended for participants with heart issues or other serious medical conditions
- Tour is wheelchair accessible though must be arranged with us prior to the tour date. Be prepared for uneven surfaces
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Beverages, including soft drinks and bottled water
- Wine tasting with cheeses
- Various food samplings
- The expertise of a local guide
- Alcoholic drinks over and above the included glass of wine (available to purchase)
Queen Victoria Market/Peel St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
4 hours 30 minutes
568 Lygon St, Carlton VIC 3053, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Visitor in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.