Take a day tour from your cruise ship berthing point at Burnie out along the North West Coastline of Tasmania to the charming little fishing village of Stanley and its famous and unique large rock formation, ‘The Nut’.
Here you can walk or ride to the top of ‘The Nut’ and take in the spectacular ocean and coastal views, followed by a wander around the historic village and opportunity for a meal and refreshments at its many cafes.
After lunch, the group will visit the beautiful and historic Highfield House, set high on the hill overlooking the town, and once residence of the chief agent for the Van Diemens Land Company, formed in 1824.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stanley, Stanley, Tasmania
At Burnie, once you alight from your cruise ship, you will be transported by free shuttle bus, provided by the ship’s agents, from the wharf to the Makers Workshop in Burnie. Here you will meet with our guide and tour bus for your day tour to Stanley.
Stanley, a quaint little fishing port, is most famous for its unique and imposing rock formation, ‘The Nut’. Rising 150 metres (500 feet) straight up from the water’s edge, this volcanic plug is a result of magma hardening within a vent of an active volcano that has long ago worn away around it. Its location makes for a great vantage point to view the ocean and the stunning coastline and township of Stanley.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: The Nut State Reserve, Browns Road, Stanley, Tasmania Australia
To get to the summit and its several viewing platforms, you can walk, or for an additional fee, you can take the chairlift.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Highfield Historic Site, 143 Green Hills Road, Stanley, Tasmania 7331 Australia
After lunch, you will be taken up to Highfield House, a historic site, which offers a stunning example of early colonial architecture from the Regency Period (1811-1820). Built by convict labour for the chief agent of Van Diemen’s Land Company, it is a historically accurate vision of a gentleman’s home and farm in the 1830s. It sits on a hillside overlooking the lands the manager would have once controlled, with view across to Stanley, the Nut and the Bass Strait beyond. The house has been restored and its elegant Regency design, convict barracks, barns, stables and chapel surrounded by a large ornamental garden.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All customers, at time of booking (or prior to pick-up): it is very important to provide a mobile number (incl. area code), NOT A LANDLINE or BOOKING AGENT'S NUMBER PLEASE!
- Cruise ship passengers to provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- We are aware that Cruise Ship passengers need to return to their ship in time for departure. We aim to arrive at least 30 to 60 minutes prior to the stipulated time. Customers should confirm this time with their tour guide on the day.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Children under the age of 4 are not permitted on this tour. Families with toddlers are encouraged to Charter a small vehicle- refer product 13015P20.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Bottled water
- Maker's Workshop pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or small bus
- Free WiFi available on bus
- Entry/Admission - Highfield Historic Site
- Chair-lift fees
- Additional optional activities
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - The Nut State Reserve
2-4 Bass Hwy, Parklands TAS 7320, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Cruise Ship passengers will be transported by free shuttle service from the port to the Maker's Workshop in Burnie, where their guide will be waiting.
- Burnie, Tasmania, Australia
6 to 7 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.