Spend the day exploring the charming little fishing village of Stanley, which is nestled at the base of the “Nut”, a sheer-sided bluff – all that remains of an ancient volcanic plug - while your Cruise Ship is berthed in Burnie.The town was once the administrative centre for the van Diemen’s Land Company, a royal charter company formed in 1824 during the reign of George IV. You will also visit Highfield House, an imposing Georgian Home, which was once the VDL Manager’s residence, set high on top of the hill overlooking the town below.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Nut State Reserve, Browns Road, Stanley, Tasmania Australia
Spend the day exploring the charming little fishing village of Stanley, which is nestled at the base of the “Nut”, a sheer-sided bluff – all that remains of an ancient volcanic plug - while your Cruise Ship is berthed in Burnie.
The town was once the administrative centre for the van Diemen’s Land Company, a royal charter company formed in 1824 during the reign of George IV. You will also visit Highfield House, an imposing Georgian Home, which was once the VDL Manager’s residence, set high on top of the hill overlooking the town below.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Highfield Historic Site, 143 Green Hills Road, Stanley, Tasmania 7331 Australia
After lunch, you will be taken up to Highfield House, an historic site, which offers an historically accurate vision of a gentleman’s home and farm in the 1830s. It sits on a hillside overlooking the lands the manager would have once controlled, with view across to Stanley, the Nut and the Bass Strait beyond. The house has been restored and its elegant Regency design, convict barracks, barns, stables and a chapel are surrounded by a large ornamental garden.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All customers, at time of booking (or prior to pick-up): it is very important to provide a mobile number (incl. area code), NOT A LANDLINE or BOOKING AGENT'S NUMBER PLEASE!
- Cruise ship passengers to provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- We are aware that Cruise Ship passengers need to return to their ship in time for departure. We aim to arrive at least 30 to 60 minutes prior to the stipulated time. Customers should confirm this time with their tour guide on the day.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Children under the age of 4 are not permitted on this tour. Families with toddlers are encouraged to Charter a small vehicle- refer product 13015P20.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Bottled water
- Maker's Workshop pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or small bus
- Entry/Admission - Highfield Historic Site
- Chair-lift fees
- Additional optional activities
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - The Nut State Reserve
2-4 Bass Hwy, Parklands TAS 7320, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Cruise Ship passengers will be transported by free shuttle service from the port to the Maker's Workshop in Burnie, where their guide will be waiting.
Burnie, Tasmania, Australia
6 to 7 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.