Take a day trip to Cradle Mountain and Lake St Clair National Park while your ship is in port in Burnie. You’ll travel through the small towns in the highlands of Tasmania and also, depending on your ship’s departure time, visit Sheffield to see the town’s world-famous murals and Railton to see the iconic topiary. With time permitting a stop may also be made at Bass Straight Maritime Centre in Devonport.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania Australia
On the drive through the National Park to Dove Lake, a typical example of a glacial lake, you will be able to view and experience the majestic Cradle Mountain and catch glimpses of the native wildlife, which is abundant in this area. Visit the Waldheim Chalet, the forest home of Austria-born Gustav Weindorfer, who pioneered the Cradle Mountain region in the early 1900s. Here you can learn about the history of the region from the video being constantly screened in the building and the many signs posted around the walls, and see the cute little creatures of Australia, including wombats, potoroos and wallabies and many bird species.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Note to all customers, at time of booking (or prior to pick-up): it is very important to provide a mobile number (incl. area code), if possible.
- Cruise ship passengers to provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- We are aware that Cruise Ship passengers need to return to their ship in time for departure. We aim to arrive at least 30 to 60 minutes prior to the stipulated time. Customers should confirm this time with their tour guide on the day.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Chilled bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Makers Workshop pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or small bus
- Entry/Admission - Lake St. Clair
- Food and drinks
Makers' Workshop, 2 Bass Hwy, Burnie TAS 7320, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure at 9:00 am unless otherwise advised after receipt of booking.
7 to 8 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.