If you’re looking for an in-depth and personalised wine tour, then this is the one for you. It’s not just about tasting a wide range of amazing varietals at the best Swan Valley wineries, we go beyond the cellar door and take you behind the scenes into the winery and vineyard to get an insight into wine production, the unique terroir of this region and to meet the winemakers. This behind-the-scenes insight is unique to each tour depending on what stage in the vintage it is and what is happening in the winery on the day - you may get to see picking, crushing, blending or even experience a barrel tasting - you just never know what the winemaker will have in store for us!This tour includes Pick-up options for Perth City, Crown Perth and Fremantle Cruise Port. Tours are guaranteed to be a maximum of 12 people, so that you get a personal and memorable experience.
What You'll Get
We have great relationships with some of the best winemakers in the region, and with this insider knowledge the itinerary for each tour is thoughtfully crafted to ensure our guests get the best possible experience, each and every day. Often this means that you may get access to experiences that are not available to the general public.
Guaranteed small group sizes (max. 12 people) also mean that Up Close and Local Tours have access to wineries that won't accommodate the big tour buses - so you get away from the crowds and off the regular beaten tourist path for a more intimate and one-on-one tasting experience. All of the wineries we visit are family owned, and are personally hand-picked by us for their quality winemaking skills, as well as their historical significance to the region – and obviously because they have some excellent wines for you to taste!
This is an ‘all inclusive’ tour – with all wine tastings included in your tour price (including reserve and award winning wines), plus a gourmet platter lunch with a glass of Swan Valley wine and exclusive behind the scenes experiences.
You will have the chance to sample well over 50 wines throughout the day - everything from a Verdelho to a Durif to a Muscat. Most of the wines you will try are produced small batch, so the only place you can find them is at the cellar door. This is the ultimate wine tour for people that really want to experience the best hidden gems in the Swan Valley.
The day is set at a relaxed pace so that we have plenty of time for questions and discussion at the wineries and with your fellow wine lovers.
Our tours are guaranteed to be a maximum of 12 people, so that you get a personalised and memorable experience.
This tour includes:
• All wine tastings including Reserve wines
• A gourmet platter lunch with a glass of wine
• Behind the scenes wine experiences
• Cheese tasting
• A super friendly, local and knowledgeable guide
• Comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle
• Pick-up/Drop-off at your selected location (Perth City, Crown, Fremantle)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking, most requirements including vegetarian and gluten free can be catered for
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (most hotels in Perth CBD/East Perth/West Perth/Northbridge and some Swan Valley accommodation)
- Premium guided tour of boutique wineries in the renowned Swan Valley region
- Extensive wine tastings including Reserve wines & Fortifieds (where available)
- Behind the scenes vineyard and/or winery experience
- Gourmet platter lunch with a glass of Swan Valley wine
- Cheese tasting
- Expert guide with local tips and commentary
- Bottled water, umbrellas, sunscreen
- Air-conditioned, comfortable transport between venues
- Small Groups - maximum of 12 people per tour
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Up Close and Local Tours
- Any food or drinks not already specified
- Any take away purchases made at any venues
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from hotels in Perth City, Northbridge and Crown Perth is included. If your hotel is not in the pick up list but is in these areas please include it in your booking notes.
If you are staying outside of these areas, you can meet at one of the central meeting points for your pick up;
• Next to the Bell Tower at Barrack Square
• Outside Wellington Street Train Station (Perth Station)
• Swan Valley Visitors Centre in Guildford
We will contact you prior to the tour to confirm your exact pick up time and provide instructions for your pick up location.
Fremantle Passenger Terminal (Please select Fremantle option when booking)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Up Close and Local Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.