The markets of Melbourne are buzzing, colourful reflections of the city’s soul. Half of Aussies are first- or second-generation immigrants, and this diverse cultural tapestry is on full display in its markets. Go behind the scenes on this private tour and taste the food, meet the vendors and discover the local culture.
What You'll Get
Ask any Melbournian to point you in the direction of something cool and more likely than not they'll direct you out into the city’s neighbourhoods. On this tour we'll celebrate the local foodie culture in Melbourne’s multicultural markets on a three-hour walking and public transport tour. With your local host and intimate group of 12 or less, you’ll discover the best of Melbourne’s bustling markets. Learn about local gastronomic culture as well as the history and culinary traditions that are unique to the city.
We’ll visit the market in the morning hours before the rush. This will allow you time to interact with the vendors, as you gain rare insight into the history of the city and how the character of Melbourne has developed. Melbourne's oldest markets are packed with stories, and we’ll include plenty of samples, tastings and time for you to explore, so you can get the true experience.
Hear about how immigration has been a driving force in Melbourne which gives the city such a unique vibe.
Depending on the day and guide you may find yourself in Footscray at the Vietnamese market, Coburg at the Middle Eastern market, South Melbourne for the predominantly Mediterranean Market or the famous Queen Victoria Market in the CBD, the largest open air market in the Australia. Each has its own character, amazing food and eclectic style and buzz. We'll finish with a hot or cold beverage.
Continue shopping on your own ,or ask your guide for some ideas of how to spend your afternoon. Maybe join us for our Craft Beer Lover's tour which explores other cool Melbourne neighbourhoods.
This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Please wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions on the day. Keep in mind that Melbourne’s weather can be unpredictable. This tour will run rain, hail or shine.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- This tour can accommodate dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free requests. Please notify us in advance of any dietary needs.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Local English-speaking guide
- International food tastings
- Hot or cold beverage
- Alcoholic Beverages
- A tram or train fare may be required depending on the market; your guide can help you purchase a ticket at the beginning of the tour
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Meeting Point - Urban Adventures, Under the Clock Tower, Southern Cross Station, Cnr Collins St and, Spencer St, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia
Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures Melbourne in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.