An unforgettable 1/2 day adventure on the purpose built MV Whalesong - Hervey Bay’s premium mid-sized whale watching and charter boat, with a strong focus on ecological practices, sustainability, education, inspiration and fun!Experience amazingly close whale encounters, otherwise known as a “mugging”. This is when the whales are so close to the boat that they turn off the engines. The whales choose to come right up to the side of the vessel. Newest in the fleet, this boat was built specifically for amazing whale and dolphin viewing. Low passenger numbers (only take maximum 60% of what we’re allowed to take), means that everyone has a chance to get a great view of the action from both inside and outside the vessel.Two daily cruises to choose from. The ONLY 1/2 day cruise boat to include lunch (in both the morning and afternoon cruises).Listen to the whales ‘sing’ with our hydrophone. See the whales underwater with footage from our GoPro.
What You'll Get
We'll depart from the Great Sandy Straits Marina out towards Platypus Bay, where the mighty Humpback Whales come to rest and play. Some of the behaviours we'll observe are: breaching, spy-hopping, pec-slapping, tail-slapping and lunges. We usually see our resident bottlenose dolphins playing with their Humpback whale friends too. Cruising alongside the West Coast of K'gari (Fraser Island), we may even be lucky enough to spot a dingo. Let us know if you do!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- We recommend bringing comfortable shoes, sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- In the event that no whales are spotted, you will receive a return ticket to come again at a future date
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- AM departure - Morning tea and buffet lunch
- PM departure - Light lunch of sub sandwiches, savoury platter of cheese and biscuits and cured meats
- Access to water-level viewing area
- Expert commentary - translated by our multilingual crew (German, French, Spanish, Italian)
- Hydrophone and underwater cameras to listen to and view the Humpback Whales
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Hervey Bay accommodations
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water - Chilled, filtered, drinking water on tap - no plastic water bottles in sight!
- Entry/Admission - Whalesong Cruises
- Drinks and snacks (available for purchase on board)
- Souvenirs (available for purchase on board)
240 to 300 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Whalesong Cruises in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.