The Hotel: Seashells Broome
Seashells Broome is a modern home away from home that offers a range of self-contained apartments, all fully equipped. The complex is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and sits just a short stroll from the beach, which makes for an ideal break away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Guests can enjoy the resort’s slow-paced atmosphere, sip on a mango juice, visit one of the local markets and boutiques, or watch an outdoor movie at the Sun Pictures. On the site, holidaymakers can enjoy a temperature-controlled pool or heated/chilled pool area with sun lounges.
The apartments are all air-conditioned and fully equipped. They boast private balconies or terraces, kitchens with all appliances needed, bathrooms and separate living and sleeping areas. Guests can relax in front of a flat-screen TV and sip on a cup of tea or coffee thanks to hot drink-making facilities.
- Bed size/type: King-size bed
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Three people
- Extra guest: $40 per night
- The apartment is air-conditioned and features a lounge and dining area, jetted bath with a shower over, fully equipped kitchen with Nespresso coffee machine, dishwasher, fridge with a freezer, and a dryer; there’s also a TV with free in-house movies and Foxtel, safe, telephone and an iPod docking station
- Bed size/type: King-size bed plus two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Four people
- Maximum occupancy: Five people
- Extra guest: $40 per night
- The apartment features two bedrooms, a full kitchen, laundry, and an outdoor terrace; coffee machine, dishwasher, fridge with a freezer, and a dryer; there’s also a TV with free in-house movies and Foxtel, safe, telephone and an iPod docking station
The Area: Broome, WA
On a peninsula, not more than 15km long lays the tropical seaside town of Broome. Often referred to as the southern gateway to the Kimberley, this is where the desert meets the sea and travellers can experience a range of natural wonders, alluring landscapes and adventure activities.
Meander along the sands of Cable beach by camel and then witness the Staircase to The Moon where the reflection of the moon on the mudflats at low tide creates an optical illusion of a tangible staircase to take travellers away from earth and into outer space. Local night markets often accompany the Staircase where holidaymakers can sample local fare, buy crafts and bask in the talent of local entertainers. Those looking for an adventure tale a hovercraft over the tidal flats or embark on a trike flight over the Broome coastline.
Broome is home to a plethora of natural and manmade wonders. Locals and tourists alike can visit Chinatown for a pearl tour, go four-wheel driving to the Dampies Peninsula, take a fishing trip, embark on a scenic flight, or spend the day kayaking.