Embark on a grand tour of the world’s most populous country with a number of guided tours, sightseeing expeditions and activities before retiring each night in quality accommodation. Experience China’s unique culture, food and history, travelling from Beijing to Xi’an, both boasting unique ancient heritage, and then to the charming, cosmopolitan city of Shanghai.
Day 1: arrival in Beijing
- On the arrival at Beijing airport, travellers will be greeted and transferred to the hotels.
Day 2: Beijing (breakfast, lunch)
- The journey starts with a visit to the spectacular Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City - the 15th-century palace complex of Ming and Qing dynasties.
Day 3: Beijing (breakfast)
- In the morning, enjoy some leisure time or participate in a tour of the Temple of Heaven and practice the martial art of Tai Chi.
- After the Tai Chi class, enjoy a foot massage and learn about traditional Chinese medicine
Day 4: Beijing (breakfast, lunch)
- After the breakfast, head towards the Great Wall the magnificent Cloud Platform gate. Later on, step into the largest jade carving factory
Day 5: Beijing to Xi’an (breakfast)
- Travel with a bullet train to the city of Xi’an, board the transfer bus to the hotel and prepare for some more sightseeing on the next day
Day 6: Xi’an (breakfast, lunch)
- Visit the Emperor Qin’s tomb to see the famed army of 7,000 terracotta soldiers
Day 7: Xi’an to Shanghai (breakfast)
- Take a plane to Shanghai. After the arrival, enjoy a guided stroll through the Nanjing walking district and then towards the Bund by the Huangpu River, where the old meets the new.
- Optionally, embark on a Huangpu River Cruise
Day 8: Shanghai (breakfast)
- Enjoy a full day of leisure time in the city
Day 9: Shanghai departure (breakfast)
- Take a transfer to the airport for the scheduled flight home
- Arrive home