At the very heart of Australia lies the historic town of Alice Springs - the pioneering gateway to a mysterious land of natural monuments, colorful outback culture and ancient Dreamtime lore. On this half-day afternoon tour you will visit the School of the Air, the Australia's Royal Flying Doctor Service as well as take in spectacular views of the West MacDonnell ranges from Anzac Hill.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alice Springs School of the Air Experience, Alice Springs School of Air 80 Head St, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870 Australia
Hear from your Driver Guide how Alice Springs began as a radio repeater station along the Overland Telegraph Line
• Call into the School of the Air, which provides education to primary school aged children living on remote properties in the Northern Territory
Duration: 55 minutes
Stop At: Alice Springs Telegraph Station Historical Reserve, South Stuart Highway Herbert Heritage Drive, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870 Australia
Explore the Telegraph Station, site of the first European settlement in Alice Springs, and learn how it relayed messages between Darwin and Adelaide for 60 years
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Royal Flying Doctor Service Museum, 8 - 10 Stuart Tce, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870 Australia
Visit the headquarters of the Royal Flying Doctor Service, which delivers medical services to those who live and work in remote rural Australia.
Duration: 55 minutes
Stop At: Alice Springs Reptile Centre, 9 Stuart Tce, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870 Australia
At the Alice Springs Reptile Centre, encounter goannas, frill-neck lizards, and meet Terry the saltwater crocodile!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Anzac Hill Road, Alice Springs, Northern Territory Australia
• Top off your afternoon with a panoramic view over Alice and the surrounding West MacDonnell Ranges, from the top of Anzac Hill
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Vehicle used is 21 seated coach
- Please note: School of the Air is only open Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays/wipes are available for guest distribution. Group sizes will be continuously reviewed to align with government recommended protocols.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Professional, local guide
- Commentary by driver
- Touring by luxury, air-conditioned coach
- Entry to the Telegraph Station, site of the first European settlement in Alice Springs
- Entry at Alice Springs Reptile Centre, home to the largest reptile display in Central Australia
- Entry to School of the Air, the world's largest classroom
- Entry/Admission - Alice Springs School of the Air Experience
- Entry/Admission - Alice Springs Telegraph Station Historical Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Royal Flying Doctor Service Museum
- Entry/Admission - Alice Springs Reptile Centre
- Food and drink
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the AAT Kings in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.