Tour the Hunter Valley in style on a private luxury tour of the region’s boutique wineries with an expert guide, generous wine tastings at 3 wineries.
For lunch, enjoy the flavours and aromas of the freshest local produce. Complete your day with sensational chocolate and wine pairing.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: AEA Luxury Tours, Unit 3 158 South Creek Road, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Your informative and knowledgeable guide will collect you from Sydney, Newcastle, Hunter Valley or other agreed pick up location. Departing Sydney we travel north over the Sydney Harbour Bridge via the Gore Hill Freeway to join the Pacific Highway and then the F3 freeway. We will travel directly to the Hunter Valley, which is nestled in the lee of the Great Dividing Range. Enroute we will stop for a short restroom visit.
Stop At: Leogate Estate Wines, 1693 Broke Rd, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
180 years young, this is Australia’s oldest and best known wine region and is soaked in history. It’s a dynamic and fascinating area that brims with over 150 top class wineries, 65 indulgent restaurants as well as gourmet produce and boutique breweries. Our first visit is to a 5-star winery nestled in the Pokolbin region of the Hunter Valley, a well renowned viticulture area. Sample a generous selection of award winning wines in your own private area, with a selection of cheeses, relish and lavosh to match.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wine House Hunter Valley, 426 McDonalds Rd, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
The Wine House, a one stop cellar door and restaurant showcasing over 40 wines from a range of boutique winemakers. From traditional varieties to new and emerging, there is always an outstanding line up of wines on tasting. Taking a seat at the bar, your host will take you on a relaxed journey through a range of fantastic wines, personalised to your tastes. On conclusion of the tasting, you will indulge with a delicious grazing board lunch featuring a wide variety of local produce with 1 glass of beer or wine per person.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tulloch Wines, 638 De Beyers Rd, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
Next stop is at Tulloch Wines. For over 122 years, the Tulloch family has been passionate about producing hand crafted, premium wines made to enjoy. At Tulloch you don’t just do a wine tasting, you have a wine experience. You will enjoy a delightful Wine & Chocolate Experience, a foray into the world of “degustation” that is easy to reproduce at home or with friends. You will experience the indulgence of Hunter Valley made artisan chocolates as you partner each one with the mouth-watering flavours of Tulloch Wines
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hunter Valley Smelly Cheese Shop, 2188 Broke Rd Shop 3, Pokolbin Village, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
We will then visit a well known and well loved local cheese shop. There is a wide range of cheeses, cured meats, olives and other locally made products for you to purchase if you wish to.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Keith Tulloch Wine, 989 Hermitage Rd, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
Final stop of the day is a chocolate lovers heaven - Cocoa Nib. This beautiful boutique chocolate shop uses only the finest French couverture chocolate and their award-winning chocolates are freshly handmade in small batches and preservative free.
Depart from the Hunter Valley approximately 3.30pm to to arrive back in Sydney approximately 5.30- 6.00pm
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- All AEA Luxury Tours Staff are fully vaccinated
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Local guide
- National parks fees
- Wine & chocolate pairings
- Drinks, if option selected
- Entry/Admission - Leogate Estate Wines
- Entry/Admission - Wine House Hunter Valley
- Entry/Admission - Tulloch Wines
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels located in Sydney, Newcastle and Hunter Valley. Recommended pick up at 8am Sydney, 9am Newcastle, 10am Hunter Valley Hotels.
- Sydney Airport, Airport Dr, Mascot, New South Wales 2020 Australia
- Newcastle International Airport, Woolsington, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 8BZ, UK
- Newcastle Central Plaza, 741 Hunter St, Newcastle West NSW 2302, Australia
- Hunter Valley Gardens, 2090 Broke Rd, Pokolbin NSW 2320, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the AEA Luxury Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.