Treat yourself to the ultimate aerobatic flight training experience in Sydney. During this 45-minute lesson, you'll learn how to loop and roll in an aerobatic training aircraft—the Robin 2160i—during a flight with a pilot-instructor over Sydney.
After your orientation and safety briefing you will strap into the aircraft and taxi for takeoff.
Shortly after take-off, your instructor will guide you through climbs, turns and dives on the way to the training area. Once you get to altitude, your instructor will then teach you how to LOOP and ROLL!
No prior flying experience is required! You will learn everything on the day.
On the way home, you will have the opportunity to see what the Robin 2160 aerobatic trainer is really capable of, with your instructor demonstrating the aerobatic capability of the aircraft with speeds up to 325km/h and G forces up to +6G’s!. No previous flying experience is required.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Australian Aerobatic Academy Joy Flights, Hangar 600 Prentice St, Bankstown, New South Wales 2200 Australia
Upon arrival at the Bankstown Airport, your instructor takes you to your aircraft and provides a pre-flight briefing on various aspects of your flight, including how to operate the controls and safety harness. After strapping you in, your pilot then starts the engine and taxis for take-off.
Once you're in the air, you'll be shown how to fly level, climb, turn, and descend as you make your way over the western suburbs of Sydney. In the dedicated training area, your instructor teaches you how to perform the aerobatic maneuvers of looping and rolling—like your very own roller-coaster ride controlled by you.
On the way back, you have the opportunity to discover what the Robin 2160i aerobatic trainer is really capable of as your instructor demonstrates its range with speeds up to 202 mph (325 kph) and G forces up to +6Gs!
Duration: 45 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking; maximum weight is 209 lbs (95 kg)
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions; if in doubt, please advise at the time of booking
- Sunglasses are recommended for sun protection
- Covered, flat-soled shoes are required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Professional aerobatic flight instructor
- Headset to communicate with the instructor in flight
- In-flight video (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Australian Aerobatic Academy in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.