Abseiling and canyoning in the Blue Mountains is undoubtedly the most thrilling experience with the best value anywhere near Sydney. This fantastic 8-hour guided entry-level adventure allows you to gear-up and abseil the cliffs of Katoomba, before descending through a canyon in the UNESCO World Heritage listed Blue Mountains National Park. Tour is limited to 10 people to ensure personalized service and includes a catered lunch as well as all required technical equipment and transport.
What You'll Get
An entry level abseiling and canyoning experience that is an ideal introduction to these amazing adventure sports! The first part of the day is focused on acquiring abseiling skills- we start with several short practice abseils and then move up to some higher challenges- the introductory abseiling session is an exciting adventure in its own right!
After lunch we'll test our new skills with a trip through Empress Canyon. The journey takes us deep inside the sandstone cliff, wading, scrambling, swimming and jumping into pools! We will complete our canyon journey with a thrilling waterfall abseil down Empress Falls.
From here we hike back to the bus and take in some of the most impressive views to be found anywhere in the Blue Mountains along the way!
We provide all specialist personal and group abseiling and canyoning equipment including harnesses, helmets, wetsuits etc. on all canyoning adventures and tours.
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
Lunch is also provided on this adventure- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!
• Australian School of Mountaineering, 166b Katoomba St, Katoomba, New South Wales 2780 Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- All technical equipment
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Drinks, unless specified
Paddy Pallin Adventure Center (Katoomba)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Australian School Of Mountaineering in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.