Indulge your senses and immerse yourself in Aboriginal culture at The Henderson Gallery from the moment you walk in the doors. You will hear stories which will be shared through Aboriginal paintings and create your own Australian souvenir art to take home anchoring memories of the land down under. You will receive guidance under the acclaimed Aboriginal artist, Robert Henderson and his team of local Brisbane-based artists.The Henderson Aboriginal Art Experience - you will explore, taste and immerse yourself in a guided Aboriginal painting workshop for everyone, from individuals, children, families, couples, education groups, corporate and tour groups.Storytelling is a huge part of culture in Aboriginal art - from both traditional and urban contemporary perspectives. Learn about Aboriginal culture from Aboriginal facilitators who will share many stories.This is a life changing experience.
What You'll Get
You will begin
On arrival at the Henderson Gallery, you will be surrounded by incredible traditional and urban contemporary Aboriginal artwork, to inspire you on your own Art Experience.
Yum - The Food
You will partake in an Aboriginal Bush Food morning or afternoon tea from our Café – Birrang Coffee, Aboriginal meaning ‘journey to another place’. Our friendly staff will serve you a bush spiced damper with bush butter, topped off with your choice of a speciality coffee or a pot of tea (herbal or traditional bush tea available).
Our friendly staff will guide you to our classroom and under the guidance of acclaimed Aboriginal artist, Robert Henderson and his team of artists, you will be guided to connect with your own ancestors and paint your very own artwork.
Our team of practicing artists have a keen sense of cultural responsibility to pass on their experience and learnings to our visitors. Ancestry plays an important role in our beliefs and culture of who we have become today. You will learn and share stories that will be life changing.
All materials will be provided for you.
Anchoring the Memories
You will take your beautiful keepsake with you which will anchor memories of your Aboriginal Art Experience and the connection you have with your ancestors.
The Henderson Gallery is a 100% Aboriginal Wiradjuri owned Gallery and many other mobs drop in to share their culture.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply - 4 people per experience. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough visitors for the experience to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- A small canvas to paint
- Tuition by Aboriginal artist
- All paints and artist tools
- Bush food Morning or Afternoon tea - including bush spiced damper with bush butter
- A cup of speciality coffee or pot of tea (herbal or traditional bush tea)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Food and drinks, unless specified
1 hour 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Birrunga Gallery & Dining in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.