Come for a drive with me to the beautiful stradbroke island. Picking you up at your hotel destination we will go catch the ferry to stradbroke and have an enjoyable coffee on board whilst gazing at the wonderful shoreline. Our next stop will be a quick dip in the brown lake which is coloured because of the native tea trees that grow all around it. Next we will go to point lookout and stroll the manmade bridges along the foreshore of the beach where we can watch surfers and maybe catch a look at a whale or two. Last but definately not least we will drive to amity point to walk along the jetty and feed the pelicans :) This is a wonderful way to get in touch with nature and is a beautiful relaxing day :) Keep an eye out for kangaroos and koalas!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: South Stradbroke Island, South Stradbroke Island, Gold Coast, Queensland
North Stradbroke Island is a place to exhale. Spend a day, a week or a month here and you will feel the importance of this cultural paradise. Known as Minjerribah to the traditional owners (the Quandamooka People), Straddie has a natural beauty not often seen and a spiritual connection not often felt.
Just a hop, skip and jump (drive or train and ferry) from Brisbane’s CBD and you’ll feel a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of life. Mobile phone coverage is patchy, the ocean is a twinkling turquoise blue and the waves roll in day in, day out.
Catch the ferry with us to Stradbroke island and lets us take you to Amity point, point lookout and Dunwich.
We’ll take you to Point Lookout, where you might be able to catch a glimpse of the Humpback Whale, before we take you around all the best spots on the island – think Cylinder, Frenchman’s, and Main Beaches, as well as the quaint historical town of Dunwich and the cute fishing village of Amity.
For lunch we will stop in at the Stradbroke island hotel ( At Own Cost) and after we will take a dip in the beautiful island beach.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Amity Point Jetty, Amity Point QLD 4183, Australia
Catch the ferry with us to Stradbroke island and lets us take you to Amity point, point lookout
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Brown Lake, Redland City, North Stradbroke Island, Queensland 4183 Australia
A natural perched lake, pure rainwater tinged brown by the native teatrees, Brown Lake, or Lake Bummiera, is a hidden treasure. There are barbecue and picnic facilities and easy road access just 3.5kms outside Dunwich. Popular swimming place and picnic spot. The lake is visible from the carpark. The calm tranquility of the lake is entrancing, especially if you visit in the early morning or late afternoon. In spring, wildflowers dot the surrounding bushland. Lake Bummiera has special significance to the local Aboriginal people, and if you visit at a quiet time of day you’ll feel the magic.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Point Lookout, Point Lookout, North Stradbroke Island, Redland City, Brisbane Region, Queensland
catch a fantastic view of the surf and the sand along a 1km long footbridge suspended above plunging surf and sand and rock
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Ferry Fare
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel Pick Up
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Brown Lake
- Lunch - At Own Cost
- Surfing-Fishing-Scooting-Swimming At Own Cost
Stradbroke Ferries, 12 Emmett Dr, Cleveland QLD 4163, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
This trip is time sensitive, we cannot wait for passengers if they are late, cancellations must be 48 hours in advance as the ferry is prepaid.
- Brisbane Intl Airport, 11 The Circuit, Brisbane, Queensland 4008 Australia
- Brisbane Port
7 to 8 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bums On Seats Tours Queensland in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.