Here the waters are calm and the area is a favourite place for spotting dolphins, whales and pelicans. Amity is great for kayaking or, if you love fishing, “putting the tinny in”, or perhaps throwing a line in from jetty. If that catch of the day eludes you don’t worry, there’s plenty of seafood to be had at Amity from Seashells Café or Rufus King Seafood.
We will visit the beautiful point lookout and watch surfers riding the waves and
then we will visit the calm cylinder beach for a quick dip.
What You'll Get
North Stradbroke Island is a place to exhale. Spend a day, a week or a month here and you will feel the importance of this cultural paradise. Known as Minjerribah to the traditional owners (the Quandamooka People), Straddie has a natural beauty not often seen and a spiritual connection not often felt.
Just a hop, skip and jump (drive or train and ferry) from Brisbane’s CBD and you’ll feel a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of life. Mobile phone coverage is patchy, the ocean is a twinkling turquoise blue and the waves roll in day in, day out.
Catch the ferry with us to Stradbroke island and lets us take you to Amity point, point lookout and Dunwich.
We’ll take you to Point Lookout, where you might be able to catch a glimpse of the Humpback Whale, before we take you around all the best spots on the island – think Cylinder, Frenchman’s, and Main Beaches, as well as the quaint historical town of Dunwich and the cute fishing village of Amity.
For lunch we will stop in at the Stradbroke island hotel ( At Own Cost) and after we will take a dip in the beautiful island beach.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Ferry Fare
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel Pick Up
- Entry/Admission - Brown Lake
- Lunch - At Own Cost
- Surfing-Fishing-Scooting-Swimming At Own Cost
Stradbroke Ferries, 12 Emmett Dr, Cleveland QLD 4163, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
This trip is time sensitive, we cannot wait for passengers if they are late, cancellations must be 48 hours in advance as the ferry is prepaid.
- Brisbane Intl Airport, 11 The Circuit, Brisbane, Queensland 4008 Australia
- Brisbane Port
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bums On Seats Tours Queensland in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.