Begin your 1-hour and 45-minute tour with a Jetty Train journey 1.05-miles (1.7-kilometers) across the Indian Ocean to visit the Underwater Observatory, located at the end of the Jetty, where you will be greeted by your guide. Descend 8-metres to the ocean floor via a spiral staircase to view some of the 300 species of vividly colored tropical and sub-tropical corals, sponges, fish and invertebrates in their natural environment. A unique design, the Observatory was opened in December 2003 and is one of only six Underwater Observatories in the world.
Between the 29th of April and the 27th of September 2019, an amazing Virtual Reality (VR) Experience is added to the tour when the visibility from the Observatory windows can be affected by adverse weather conditions. *Virtual Reality Experience is only available during low visibility. When visibility is good to excellent, standard Underwater Observatory Tours will operate.
What You'll Get
Visit: Busselton Jetty, 3L Queen St Beach Front Busselton, Busselton, Western Australia 6280 Australia
Extending 1.05-miles (1.8-kilometres) over the protected waters of Geographe Bay, the heritage listed Busselton Jetty is the longest tourist jetty in the Southern Hemisphere and second longest in the world. Located only 2.5-hours drive south of Perth, at the gateway to the Margaret River Region, the Busselton Jetty attracts over 500,000 visitors per year. In 2018 the Jetty was awarded Gold in the Major Tourist Attraction category at the Western Australian Tourism Awards and Bronze at the Australian Tourism Awards!
• Arrive at the Busselton Jetty 30 minutes prior to train departure.
• Board the Jetty Train and travel 15-minutes across the ocean to the Underwater Observatory.
• The Underwater Observatory is located 1.7-kilometers along the Busselton Jetty. Explore with a guide and descend 8-meters to the ocean floor via a spiral staircase of 60 stairs.
• Your ticket includes complimentary return train ride, a 40-minute guided tour of the Underwater Observatory, Jetty Day Pass and exclusive Busselton Jetty deck of playing cards.
• Tours depart on the hour and takes approximately 1-hour and 45-minutes to complete.
• The Underwater Observatory can accommodate 44 people per tour.
• Access to the Underwater Observatory is only possible via a tour.
• A lift is available for those with limited mobility.
• The tour concludes back on shore at the Interpretive Centre.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Busselton Jetty Day Pass
- Souvenir item
- Access and guided tour of Underwater Observatory
- Return Jetty Train ride
- Entry/Admission - Busselton Jetty
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
1 hour 45 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Busselton Jetty Incorporated (Inc) in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.