Whale watching tours are offered between June and October each year. The trips are small and personalised with a maximum of 12 customers per tour and take around 3 and a half hours from start to finish. The migration route of the Australian east coast Humpback whale brings them in such close proximity to Byron Bay’s Cape Byron it is likely you will encounter several whales during your tour. This also allows quick access to the waters used by migrating humpback whales.Therefore there are no long boat rides to and from whale watching sites and your whale watching adventure begins immediately. The whale watching guides will impart interesting facts about the migrating whales as well as Cape Byron Marine Park’s many other sea creatures including dolphins, sea turtles and many different species of sea bird. Each of Whale watching vessels is equipped with a hydrophone so you can listen to the Humpback whales amazing whale song.
What You'll Get
Humpback whales, dolphins, turtles and a variety of amazing sea birds await you on your unique whale watching experience.
This is the only whale watching tour operator departing directly from The Pass, Byron Bay which allows the quickest access to the Humpback whale migration on the Australian east coast.
These small personalized interpretive tours are conducted with a maximum of only 12 whale watchers per vessel. Tours are conducted on purpose built RIB vessels designed for unobstructed viewing of the whales. Each vessel is annually inspected by the NSW Maritime Authority to ensure it complies with all current safety regulations.
The unique geography of Byron Bay’s Cape Byron allows you to pin point each whale’s location, often encountering whales within minutes of departing Byron Bay.
In the unlikely event that you do not encounter humpback whales the whale guarantee allows each whale watcher a further whale watching tour (issued as a voucher) within the same year as the initial booking.
Trips are scheduled at 8am, 10:30am and 1pm (dependent on sea conditions).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age of 5 years old. Not suitable for anyone under 5 years old
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please dress appropriately (must wear shorts or trousers you can roll up above the knees, as you will get your feet wet getting on board the vessel)
- Spray jacket provided, please bring warm jumper
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to the whale-watching tour
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Viewing of various marine life and bird life
- Julian Rocks marine life tour
- Trained eco guides
- Hydrophone to listen to whale song
- Transfers from central Byron to vessel
- Boat jackets
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Whale Watching Byron Bay
- Parking fee for public parking in Byron Bay ($4 per Hour on Marvell St, however there is limited free parking in some side streets)
- Tour photos (AU $29.95, taken from camera on tour)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
3 hours 30 minutes
A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Byron Bay Dive Centre in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
A paper voucher is required to redeem this service. Please bring your printed voucher with you to this activity.This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.