Kayaking and snorkeling is a great way to experience the magic of Ningaloo Marine Park. From Exmouth, take the wonderfully scenic drive into Cape Range National Park to our launch site for the day, which requires about 45 minutes. After unloading the kayaks, and getting fitted out with the gear, you'll receive a basic kayak instruction and saftey talk. It is then time to paddle off into the blue. The lagoons of Ningaloo are filled with marine life that surprises and thrills and the snorkelling can be world class. Turtles, rays, reef sharks, schools of fish and seabirds sightings are common; occasionally dugong and dolphins are also spotted.
About This Deal
Ningaloo Reef has gained an impressive reputation as one of Earth’s last ocean paradises. The reef is approximately 199 miles (320 kilometers) long and is Australia's largest fringing coral reef and the only large reef positioned very close to the mainland. It can range from 492 feet (150 meters) to 9 miles (15 kilometers) offshore and encompasses a massive 1,930 square miles (5,000 square kilometers) of ocean with 500 species of tropical fish and 220 species of coral in all. Ningaloo Reef is famous for swimming with whale sharks, its superb for snorkelling and diving.
During winter months, the reef is part of the migratory routes for manta rays and humpback whales and it is home to dolphins and dugongs. The beaches of the reef are an important breeding ground of the loggerhead, green and hawksbill turtles. You'll be amazed to see a huge variety of wildlife, both marine and terrestrial. The sheltered lagoons have the clearest turquoise water imaginable. Within the Ningaloo Reef Marine Park there are numerous sanctuary zones, totaling 34% of the total area, all with outstanding natural features and attractions.
• Travel in your very own double sea kayak, and
get up close and personal with the amazing wildlife of Ningaloo. Turtles, rays,
and schools of jumping fish are often spotted from the kayaks. You may also see
dolphins or dugong (in season).
• Snorkel amongst the amazing coral and colourful
fish of Ningaloo Reef, and take the opportunity to snorkel from your kayak (if
conditions allow) – an experience you won’t soon forget!
• Pull up on beautiful sandy beaches for a
delicious morning tea and lunch, all freshly prepared by your guide
• Enjoy commentary on the history, culture and
natural wonders of the local area on the drive to our kayak launching spot on
Double sit-inside sea kayaks with rudders, paddles, life jackets, long sleeve sun shirts, sun hats, dry bags for valuables, morning tea, lunch, snorkeling gear, snacks and transport is provided. You will need to bring drinking water, sunscreen, bathers/boardies, camera, towel, thongs/sandals.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please advise the name of your Exmouth hotel so that the supplier can determine the closest pick up location and time for you
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note that there is an individual weight limit of 110kgs for our kayaks
- Please advise us of your Australian mobile phone number and email address when possible for communication purposes prior to the tour. Only Telstra or Optus mobile phones have reception in Exmouth.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- National Park fees
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of kayak and snorkel equipment
- Entry/Admission - Ningaloo Reef
- Alcoholic drinks
Returns to original departure point at approximately 4pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Capricorn Sea Kayaking in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.