This full-day tour combines the stunning scenery of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland with some of the region’s finest local produce.
The first stop of the day is a scenic lookout to take in the stunning views of the National Heritage-listed Glass House Mountains, then onto the dairy town of Maleny where you will sample a selection of local and international cheese.
From Maleny, you’ll head to The Barrel, an iconic destination, shaped like a giant wine barrel on the grounds of Clouds Vineyard Maleny for a flight of wine tasting, then onto the quaint hinterland village of Montville via a scenic lookout to enjoy free time to peruse in the shops and boutiques, pick up local hand-crafted items and breathe in the fresh mountain air.
Whilst in Montville, you’ll also visit Chocolate Country where you will experience a luxury handmade sampler box (one per couple) of chocolates before making the scenic return trip down the range via another stunning scenic lookout back to your accommodation.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maleny QLD 4552, Australia
Our next stop is Maleny a picture-postcard dairy country town. Located 436 m above sea-level on the southern edge of the Blackall Range Maleny attracts painters, craftspeople and potters. During this time, you will enjoy cheese tasting and explore the town at your leisure.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Maleny Food Co., 29 Maple St, Maleny QLD 4552, Australia
Enjoy a true cheese experience while you sample the finest Australian and international cheeses made by artisan cheesemakers. You will be provided with a cheese tasting board which would include a selection of cheese plus condiments to include quince jam, baby pickles figs, muscatels on the vine, dried fruit and crusty sourdough. Maleny Food co has a reputation as one of the premier cheese shops in Australia with a selection of more than 250 cheeses.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Barrel at Clouds Vineyard, Clouds Vineyard, 787 Landsborough Maleny Rd, Maleny QLD 4552, Australia
Clouds @ The Barrel Cellar Door offers wine tasting of local award-winning wines. Here you’ll smell and taste local wines whilst identifying the different aromas while being educated on the different grapes grown in our region.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Secrets on the Lake, 207 Narrows Rd, Montville QLD 4560, Australia
Depending on availability, your gourmet lunch will be at either “Secrets on the Lake” which is set in the rainforest on the side of Lake Baroon. a popular foodie destination near Montville enjoying panoramic views of Lake Baroon, or “The Edge Café Bar and Restaurant” in Montville which is perched on the edge of the escarpment & offers panoramic views of the Sunshine coastline. Regardless of the lunch venue, you’ll enjoy a delicious 2-course meal included in the tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chocolate Country, 192 Main St, Montville, Queensland 4560 Australia
Chocolate Country has been specialising in making and serving handmade chocolate to locals and visitors alike since 1993. Here you will experience a luxury handmade sampler box (one per couple) of four chocolates which you can take with you to enjoy in your accommodation.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Montville, Montville, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
When we arrive at the Hinterland Village of Montville and following wine tasting, you can spend free time checking out the delightful shops and boutiques, enjoying this picture-postcard village and its fresh mountain air.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mapleton Falls National Park, Mapleton, Queensland 4560 Australia
Your last stop is the stunning Mapleton Falls Lookout which in on the Blackall Range looking across the Obi Obi Valley.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Dietary - (GFA) Gluten free available (VA) Vegetarian available (VGA) Vegan Available *Other dietary options available
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Covid Safe Plan implemented in conjunction with Queensland Health and Queensland Tourism Industry Council.
- Free time to explore Montville Village
- Scenic Lookout of the Glass House Mountains
- All transportation
- Lunch - 2-course gourmet lunch
- Stunning Views of the Glass House Mountains
- The best day tour opportunity for a food & wine experience
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine Tasting
- Snacks - Luxury Handmade Chocolate Sampler Box, Local & International Cheese Platter
- Entry/Admission - Maleny Food Co.
- Entry/Admission - The Barrel at Clouds Vineyard
- Entry/Admission - Secrets on the Lake
- Entry/Admission - Chocolate Country
- Entry/Admission - Mapleton Falls National Park
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up available from hotels and apartments in the following beachside areas:
Mooloolaba, Maroochydore, Alexandra Headlands, Cotton Tree, Coolum, Twin Waters, Marcoola, Peregian Beach, Sunshine Beach, Noosa, Noosaville, Tewantin
Noosaville, Tewantin 7.45 am
Noosa 7.55 am
Peregian Beach, Sunshine Beach 8.10 am
Twin Waters, Marcoola, Coolum 8.35 am
Maroochydore, Alexandra Headlands, Cotton Tree 8.55 am
Mooloolaba 9.00 am
Drop-off at accommodation approximately 4.00 pm – 5.00 pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Coast to Hinterland Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.