Get a taste of two of the world's great wine regions, the Barossa and the beautiful Adelaide Hills on this Wine Tasting and Sightseeing day tour.
This full day tour takes you to South Australia's premium wine region, to sample some of the Barossa's finest wines including the world famous Jacob's Creek Visitor Centre and Murray St Vineyard so you can imagine you are sipping a vino in Tuscany. A delicious 2 course lunch at Lambert Estate. Then wind your way through to the picturesque Adelaide Hills to Hahndorf, Adelaide's oldest German settlement where you will have free time to explore the many shops and galleries full of local arts, crafts and produce.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jacob's Creek Trail of Discovery, Barossa Valley Way, Rowland Flat, South Australia Australia
Morning tea, tour and tastings at the multi-award winning Jacob’s Creek Visitor Centre.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Murray Street Vineyards, Murray St, Greenock SA 5360, Australia
Cellar door tastings and learn about the ‘Murray St Vineyard Greenock' Sip a vino in a setting like Tuscany while enjoying the views of the vineyard.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Lambert Estate Wines, 55 Long Gully Rd, Angaston, South Australia 5353 Australia
Enjoy a 2 course lunch and wine tasting at this remarkable cellar door.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mengler's Hill Lookout Sculpture Park, Mengler Hill Road, Angaston, South Australia Australia
For one of the best views of the Barossa, head to the Barossa Sculpture Park and Mengler's Hill Lookout.
See sweeping, 180 degree views of famed wineries and fields that make up the region's stunning landscape. Take a break between winery visits and explore the sculpture park. The park hosts a number of distinctive abstract art pieces that have been sculpted by a number of renowned artists at a duo of symposiums. The first of these was held back in 1988, and the following on the 20th anniversary in 2008.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: The Herbig Family Tree, Angaston Road, Springton, South Australia 5235 Australia
The Herbig Family Tree is a large, hollow red gum tree at Springton. It is estimated to be 300 to 500 years old with a diameter of seven meters at its base and a height of 24 meters. A small stream runs nearby.
The tree was the first Australian home of 27 year old Friedrich Herbig who arrived in South Australia in 1855. In 1858 he married 18 year old Caroline Rattey and took her to live in the tree home. The first two of their 16 children were born there. In 1860 he built a two roomed pine and pug hut nearby, and as his family increased, built a stone cottage adjacent to the hut.
Today the Herbig Family Tree represents a graphic link to early European settlement of the area. Herbig family reunions are held at the tree, usually every five years.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hahndorf, Hahndorf, Adelaide Hills, Greater Adelaide, South Australia
Hahndorf is a small town in South Australia. Settled by 19th-century Lutheran migrants, it’s known for its original German-style architecture and artisanal food. Hahndorf Academy is home to the German Migration Museum, tracing local history.
Here you will enjoy a stroll and free time to explore.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Lunch - 2 course lunch at Lamberts Estate
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Snacks - Tea and Coffee at Jacobs Creek Winerary
- Entry/Admission - Jacob's Creek Trail of Discovery
- Entry/Admission - Murray Street Vineyards
- Entry/Admission - Lambert Estate Wines
- Entry/Admission - Mengler's Hill Lookout Sculpture Park
- Entry/Admission - The Herbig Family Tree
- Hahndorf Free time food and drinks not included. Please feel free to browse the town.
Traveler pickup is offered
Please ask us for an alternative pick up area
- Adelaide Airport, 1 James Schofield Dr, West Beach, Charles Sturt, South Australia 5950 Australia
- Outer Harbor Lookout, Oliver Rogers Rd, North Haven SA 5018, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the CP Tours and Charters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.