Explore the World Heritage–listed Daintree Rainforest on this private 12-hour tour from Cairns. Traveling in a private air-conditioned vehicle with a naturalist guide, you'll visit Daintree National Park and its natural attractions such as Mossman Gorge and Cape Tribulation. Discover the lush landscapes of what is most likely the oldest tropical rainforest on Earth, check out the town of Port Douglas, take a ferry ride across the Daintree River, and more.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Discovery Tours Australia, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
After pickup from your Cairns hotel by your private guide, your day tour begins by heading north along Captain Cook Highway, passing through the beach suburb of Palm Cove.
Continue your journey north along Great Barrier Reef Drive, one of the most picturesque coastal drives in the world, Your next stop is the small seaside town of Port Douglas, where you'll have a short tour before heading to Mossman Gorge. Enjoy morning tea at the Mossman Gorge Centre.
Then hop aboard a shuttle bus accompanied by your naturalist guide, and head into the national park for a guided walk in the dense tropical rainforest. Heading further north and passing by the sugarcane fields of Mossman, stop for lunch before joining a small cruise on the Daintree River.
Back on land, continue north along a picturesque road toward Cape Tribulation. A stop at the Alexandra Lookout and stop for icecream before we board the cable ferry across the Daintree. Return to your accommodation.
Duration: 12 hours
Pass By: Captain Cook Highway, Captain Cook Hwy, Cairns North QLD 4870, Australia
For those being collected in Cairns and the beaches, the day begins with a trip along the scenic Great Barrier Reef Drive, to Port Douglas. The road hugs the mountain side and we stop at Rex Lookout to enjoy stunning views of the Coral Sea. From here, we cruise to Port Douglas, picking up any extra guests and stopping at Flagstaff Hill which overlooks 4 Mile Beach.
Stop At: Palm Cove Beach, 111 Williams Esplanade, Palm Cove, Queensland 4879 Australia
A look at the beautiful Northern Beach of Cairns
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Mossman Gorge, Daintree National Park, Queensland 4873 Australia
Mossman Gorge, located on the southern edge of Daintree National Park, part of the Wet Tropics of Queensland UNESCO World Heritage site. Enjoy morning tea at the Mossman Gorge Centre.
Then hop aboard a shuttle bus accompanied by your naturalist guide, and head into the national park for a guided walk in the dense tropical rainforest. Admire views over the granite boulders and clear waters of the Mossman River, and if time and weather permit, you can take a swim.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Daintree Teahouse Restaurant, 3225 Mossman Daintree Rd, Daintree QLD 4873, Australia
Situated in the rainforest by the banks of the Daintree River enjoy a quality restaurant lunch, with a choice of meals available served with exotic tropical fruit selection.Local Tea & Coffee included. Tropical fruit presentation by our host, Richard.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Solar Whisper Wildlife and Crocodile Cruises on the Daintree river, shop 2 Cape Tribulation Rd, Lower Daintree QLD 4873, Australia
step aboard a solar powered electric boat to take a 1-hour cruise on the Daintree River. Keep your eyes peeled for crocodiles and other local wildlife.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mount Alexandra Lookout, Cape Tribulation Rd, Cape Tribulation, Queensland QLD 4873 Australia
Alexandra lookout provides panoramic views over the Daintree delta, river and out to the Coral Sea.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Cape Tribulation Beach, Cape Tribulation, Queensland Australia
Cape Tribulation is where the rainforest meets the reef and you can take it all in from the Kulki Lookout. This is the most northern point of our day tour adventure, so from here we begin the journey home
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- FROM 17/12/21 - COVID VACCINATION: All guests are required to be fully vaccinated with a TGA-approved vaccine. Evidence is to be provided prior to boarding. If Evidence or medical Exemption cannot be provided, boarding will be denied. No Refund of any portion of the tour amount will be refunded.
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Discovery Tours Australia
- Entry/Admission - Mossman Gorge
- Entry/Admission - Daintree Teahouse Restaurant
- Entry/Admission - Solar Whisper Wildlife and Crocodile Cruises on the Daintree river
- Entry/Admission - Mount Alexandra Lookout
- Entry/Admission - Cape Tribulation Beach
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all Hotels and most rental accommodation (including AirBnB's) in Cairns, Holloways
Beach, Trinity Beach, Kewarra Beach, Yorkeys Knob, Palm Cove, Thala Beach, Port Douglas. Please
contact us if you cannot find your pick up location
- Yorkeys Knob
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Discovery Tours Australia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.