Blending tales of shipwrecks, sly grog shops and distilling bans with some of Melbourne’s coolest whisky and gin joints, the Melbourne Whisky and Gin Tour is a rollicking adventure from Victoria’s early spirit making past to its modern craft scene.
Starting at State Parliament, you'll be transported back in time to a heady world of prohibition, sly grog shops, shipwrecks and even Sherlock Holmes while sampling gin at a heritage brick cottage that once housed bootleg grog.
From here, it's a short stroll to Melbourne's first whisky bar and a wide selection of peaty single malts, honeyed Highlands and mellow Scottish blends.
Your tour ends at one of the cities best bars - a hidden distillery!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Little Lon Distilling Co., 17 Casselden Pl, Melbourne Vic, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
A tasting of three signature gins paired with cheese.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Whisky & Alement, 270 Russell St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Three whisky tastings from Victorian and Australian distillers paired with chocolate.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Boilermaker House, 209-211 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
A boilermaker (beer paired with whiksy) will be served.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Tour Hosts to carry and use hand sanitiser before each tour and after each bar visit. Tour Hosts to be symptom free while running each tour and/or have tested negative to COVID-19 Tour Hosts to carry and wear masks as required by current Victorian State Government health guidelines.
- Alcoholic Beverages - Tasting tray at each bar (3 x spirits per bar)
- Exclusive Melbourne Bar Map (free upon request)
- Photos of your tour (free upon request)
- Entry/Admission - Little Lon Distilling Co.
- Entry/Admission - Whisky & Alement
- Entry/Admission - Boilermaker House
Parliament House, Spring St, East Melbourne VIC 3002, Australia
2 hours 30 minutes
Lonsdale Street, Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Drinking History Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.