Join us on a 75 minute Guided Tour through one of Australia's last standing Gold Stamp Batteries. Hear how they extracted Gold from the ore, and much more!
The Venus Battery is a remarkable survivor of the period of Charters Towers history as a gold mining and processing area.
The Battery was opened in July 1872, the same year that gold was discovered in Charters Towers. It was the first custom mill to be operated on behalf of the public in Charters Towers.
By 1919, most of the mines had closed in the area and the Mines Department purchased the mill. This was to ensure that there would be at least one operating mill in the area for gold producing mines in North Queensland.
Extensive restoration work has been carried out and now the mill operates as a tourist attraction.
Suitable for all ages. A great experience for groups, visitors and those who love history…
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Venus Battery, Millchester Road, Charters Towers, Queensland 4820 Australia
75 Minute Guided Tour through one of Australia's last standing Gold Stamp Batteries. Hear how they extracted the Gold from the Ore and much more!
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- The Battery is Wheelchair accessible for the tour with some route changes for those in the Wheelchair, under guidance of the Tour Guide
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- 75 Minute Guided Tour
- Hear previously untold stories
- Time to ask a knowledgeable Local questions about the Battery
- Entry/Admission - Venus Battery
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food or Drink (please bring water with you)
Charters Towers Venus Gold Battery, Millchester Rd, Millchester QLD 4820, Australia
1 hour 15 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Ghost Tours Pty Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.