Experience our professional Stand up Paddle lesson on the Gold Coast, right in the heart of Surfers Paradise. We commence with a safety briefing and then a basic lesson including a full demo from our qualified instructors. Then you get to test your balance in the shallow waters and before you know it you are paddling like a pro! We only paddle on flat water so it is safe, fun & easy.
The calm waters here create ease of learning SUP (stand up paddle) and your instructor will be with you every step of the way, you will enjoy SUP fully and want to do it again and again. We love to SUP and we love to share the experience with you. It’s an incredible feeling standing on your paddleboard, perhaps spotting the local dolphins & create amazing photos! Your lesson continues on the water where we discuss advanced paddle technique tips and stances for you to try. We will capture your first experience with photos during the lesson for you to share on Social Media.
What You'll Get
We commence our lesson with a safety briefing, then a full description of what to do, how to stand and how to turn, and of course a quick demo from our friendly instructors, then onto the water to test your balance and ability! You will be amazed how easy this is to learn and we will have you cruising like a SUP pro before you realise it. Once everyone is confidant with their balance and turning we ease our way down the river cruising past the mansions of Paradise Waters stopping near the Marriott for a brief rest and some paddle technique tips.
We return to the launch location for a group photo and a debrief of what we saw and experienced. You will love this activity as it is both calm & fun at the same time. Lots of treasured memories of your experience can be shared on Social Media or sent to your email.
After the lesson immerse yourself into local area and activity by enjoying a meal or coffee at the Famous Bumbles Cafe or perhaps you would prefer to sit in the park and enjoy Fish and Chips from the local cafe whilst taking in the beauty of Budds Beach and surrounds.
• Lessons commence at 10:00 AM Daily (weather permitting)
• Meeting Point - Shop 4, 19 River Drive, Budds Beach, Surfers Paradise
• Full instruction & water safety briefing
• All equipment provided
• 1.5 hour fully instructed lesson on flat water only
• Photos included
• Life-jackets available
• Includes rest stops More Information
Stand up paddle boarding is fun, exciting and also very relaxing. As a fitness regime SUP (stand up paddle) is becoming more popular as paddlers find it is a calorie burner even if you are leisurely meandering on the water. Try to do a yoga pose but be prepared to get wet
Budds Beach, right in the heart of Surfers Paradise, is a friendly quiet place to take on this new activity; we have a café, playgrounds & amenities to make your visit more comfortable, our locals’ best-kept secret! The dolphins visit us in the river quite often so keep an eye out for them frolicking in the shallows of the river at Budds Beach
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age 8 years
- Due to uneven surfaces, this activity is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- We supply all stand up paddle equipment including board, paddle and leg rope
- Life jackets are available on request
- Storage for small valuables (phone, keys etc)
- Photos to Social Media
- Paddlers should allow 1.5 hours for this experience
- T-shirts or Rash vests available for purchase
- Transportation to/from attractions
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Go Vertical SUP Hire in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.