This 6.5-hour Queensland rock climbing experience is suitable for complete beginner and intermediate climbers. Ascend an ancient, volcanic peak with spectacular scenery, located just over an hour’s drive north of Brisbane in Glass House Mountains National Park. The rock climbing starts on small cliffs, working your way up to the summit cliff face. A professional guide(s) gives you tips on basic techniques to help you to complete this mental and physical challenge; guide-to-participant ratios are kept small to ensure you get the most out of your experience.
What You'll Get
Your qualified guide meets you at the Mt Ngungun parking lot, where you'll receive an introduction and divide up the climbing gear up between all the participants to carry in to the site. Please bring a backpack with a 6.5-gallon (25-liter) capacity to carry your allocated climbing gear, as well as your personal items.
The 09.-mile (1.4-km) walk to the summit can take up to one hour from the parking lot. When you reach the first climbing site, take a breather while your guide sets up your climbing ropes. Once your safety briefing is completed, find a climbing partner and get going. There will be different grades of difficulty set up for you to choose from. Your guide will most likely shift sites during the day, and you'll climb until about 1:30pm, at which point your guide will dismantle the equipment, and you'll all carry the gear back to the car park, arriving around 2:30pm.
This adventure in the eucalyptus forest of the Glass House Mountains is designed for anyone with a sense of adventure or love of the outdoors. With its unusual array of domes, cones, and spires—the result of volcanic activity millions of years ago—the mountain range is an outstanding climbing location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for people with noteworthy medical conditions, such as asthma, epilepsy, angina, diabetes, back- or leg-related physical concerns or conditions associated with pregnancy; please contact the local operator prior to booking if in doubt
- Activity is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or in certain circumstances, a full refund
- A moderate level of fitness is required due to the amount of walking involved
- Minimum participant age is 8 years old (participants under 13 can climb only, they require a parent or legal guardian to belay them) and all participants under 16 years old must be accompanied by an parent or legal guardian)
- Participants under 18 years require a waiver to be signed by a parent or legal guardian
- Please wear non-restrictive clothing that suits the weather on the day; as the summit is exposed, a light/wind jacket may be handy
- Enclosed footwear should be worn, ideally hiking boots or running shoes, as the track is gravel or rock and has steep sections. A backpack is essential; it should be large enough to carry your water and your allocated safety equipment (25-liter capacity); it is recommended that you bring a minimum 2-3 liters of water, a hat, insect repellent, and sunscreen
- Please note there are no facilities (toilets) in the national park. Drinking water is available from the car park. As this is not a catered activity, you are required to bring your own food and beverages to keep you powered up
- Qualified and professional guide
- All necessary safety equipment
- Climbing shoes (bring socks)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (bring your own- Must bring and carry with you 2-3 litres of water)
Mt. Ngungun, Glass House Mountains National Park
8am (please arrive by 7:45am)
6 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the HIGHPOINT ADVENTURES PTY LTD T/A PINNACLE SPORTS in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.