The Picton River is a tributary of the Huon River and flows from the World Heritage Area of South West Tasmania. It is crossed by only one bridge and there are no people living in its catchment. The water is clean & clear. The valley is surrounded in winter by snow capped mountains. This section flows flows through managed state forest amidst towering eucalyupt trees and riverine huon pine.
This is the best one day rafting in the south of Tasmania. The rapids are easy and up to grade three. The trip is suitable for most families. Our exclusive access to the Huon River through the Tahune Adventure Site makes this a trip not to be missed.
About This Deal
The Twin Rivers 9kmAdventure is a river trip on the Picton and Huon Rivers in southern Tasmania. The usual venue for this trip is the Picton and Huon Rivers. During periods of low flow in Picton River we may change venue to the Huon River from Warra, upstream of Tahune. Rapids are to grade three. All the gear is provided along with guides, river snacks and entry to the Tahune AdventureSite.
The river flows through Tasmania's southern forests, home to eucalypt regnans, at close to 100 metres, the tallest flowering plants in the world. The river has been home to huon piners and Huon Pine trees still grow along the river bank.
This is a classic river trip enjoyed by Hobart people for generations. King River Rafting has exclusive access to the Tahune Adventure Site to run this trip. After the trip admire the forest from the heights of the Tahune Air Walk (included) or enjoy a coffee in the Tahune cafe (not included)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Tasmania is currently COVID free. King River Rafting and Tahune Adventures comply with all Government recommendations in relation to COVID. Groups are small and in the fresh air. Travelers showing symptoms will not be carried.
- Snacks - We stop along the river for a hot drink and snack
- We supply all the rafting equipment and clothing you need
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Includes entry to the Tahune Adventure Site & Airwalk
2091 Arve Rd, Geeveston TAS 7116, Australia
4 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the KING RIVER RAFTING in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.