Taste the sky, feel the wind rush through your hair with a trial flight. Enjoy either a 30 minute or 60minute flight of absolute bliss.A Trial Introductory Flight (TIF) is if you are uncertain about learning to fly, or if you just want to get airborne to “feel what it is like” before you commence training, it is an air experience flight; a way of sampling flight training without making any commitment to joining the school.The objective of the TIF is to give you a good and fair sampling of what flying feels like, plus an insight into the flight training process. It is a once off experience; all subsequent flights are on an Approved Syllabus with training toward achieving objectives.
What You'll Get
A trial flight includes a brief with an instructor. They will talk through effects of controls, the aerodynamics involved in flight, answer any questions you may have. Next they will walk you through a pre-flight of the plane, explaining the various parts of the plane and how they are controlled. Now you are ready for your flight! Either a 30min lesson or 60min depending on your choice. During the trial flight your instructor may give you control of the flight too! So be ready to take charge! Once on the ground we will finish with a de-brief. This is your chance to ask any questions and see how you can make your dreams come true! You will be presented with a gift certificate for your flight and an experience of an lifetime!
Pre-flight briefing. You will usually spend a little time in a briefing room going over the flight and what to expect; Aircraft pre-flight inspection. You will be shown around the aircraft while the instructor does the pre-flight inspection. You will be shown how to get in, how to strap in, and the equipment in the cockpit will be briefly outlined to you.Flight procedures. Your flight will be in our training area. You will be shown the airfield from the air, the local scenery and points to orientate yourself. You will spend time with control of the aircraft in your hands, under the guidance of the instructor. This will give you a 'feel' for what it’s like to fly.Post-flight. debriefing Your instructor will answer any questions you have and underline a few of the main points of the TIF.The Trial Introductory Flights are conducted in our training aircraft and are 30 minute or 60 minute (most in depth experience) flights (note - ground preparation and transition to and from our flying training area takes approximately 20 minutes).
Other things you may need to know:Trial Instructional Flights are conducted with the Student and Instructor only. Passengers are not allowed.The take off and landing are controlled by the Instructor only.Clothing should be appropriate for the season and shoes must be of the closed toe style, thongs are not acceptable.The age of participants should be that of a person is capable of beginning training (normally 13 years of age or older). Persons with known medical conditions that may become a safety hazard should not conduct TIF's.English Language must be of a standard that can understand instruction and emergency procedures, in flight, in English.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- a) Learn To Fly Melbourne reserves the right to cancel flight without notice.
- b)Students must provide a minimum of 72 hours notice to make any changes to booking time or date.
- Cancellations within 72 hours of the booking will incur a $50 cancellation fee.Cancellations within 24 hours of the booking will incur a $150 cancellation feec) No-show on a booking will incur a 100% fee of the booking. Learn To Fly Melbourne defines “No-Show” as a student not having turned up for their booking, without prior notification to the school of a change or cancellation of that booking no matter what has happened.
- d) These fees are applicable to both flight and theory bookings. All cancellations made within our cancellation period must be substantiated with a valid medical certificate or a full charge applies.
- e) Cancellations must be made via phone; SMS Or email.
- 5. Refund Policy5.1 Refunds a) Applications for refunds and transfers will be accepted if a request is received at least four working days prior to the start of the course. No refunds will be issued for withdrawal requests received after this time.
- b) No refunds or transfers will apply once a course has commenced.
- c) Requests for refunds must be made in writing to Learn To Fly Melbourne Pty Ltd - email@example.com. Response to the request will be provided in writing within fourteen (14 days) and refunds will be processed within twenty eight (28) days from the receipt of the request.
- c) Where more than fourteen (14) days’ notice prior to course commencement date is given to Learn To Fly Melbourne, or in the event of a student’s visa application being rejected, all course fees paid and all tuition fees, will be refunded.
- d) Where less than fourteen (14) days’ notice prior to course commencement date is given to Learn To Fly Melbourne, student will be charged an administration fee of AU$1,500. Other than that, all course fees paid and all tuition fees, will be refunded.
- e) Where a student does not commence the course on the agreed start date and subsequently provides notice of withdrawal from the course, there is no refund of the tuition fee for that study period. Any additional fees that have been paid for future study periods will be refunded.
- f) Where the student commences the course and withdraws during the study period, or where Learn To Fly Melbourne has cause to cancel the student’s enrolment due to misbehaviour, breached visa conditions, or failure to pay due fees, no refund is payable for that study period. Any additional fees that have been paid for future study periods will be refunded.
- g) Refunds are paid to the student or the person who made the payment, unless the enrolment has been made through an education agent where the refund may be made through the agent who enrolled the student. Refunds are made in Australian dollars and will be made electronic bank transfer. The applicant making the request for refund should provide the preferred bank account details at the time of making the request.
- h) Payment of a refund application by Learn To Fly Melbourne to the student will cancel a student’s enrolment.
- 5.2 Refund based on LTF cancelling or deferring a course
- a) LTF reserves the right to cancel a course, change the start dates of a course, or change the course program at any time. Where LTF cancels a course prior to its commencement date, all fees and charges paid to - LTF will be refunded within fourteen (14) days of the advice of course change.
- b) Where a course has been deferred and the new date is unacceptable to the student, all fees paid will be refunded to the student within fourteen (14) of the notice of rescheduling.
- c) Where a course is cancelled by after it has commenced but before the expected end date, the balance of fees paid for the portion of the course not yet delivered will be refunded within fourteen (14) days.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1 travelers
- Pickup from the train station
- We can arrange an Uber for your departure
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Learn To Fly Australia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.