Learn to surf at Maroubra Beach in Sydney’s eastern suburbs. Maroubra is renowned for its regular great waves and is a favourite surfing spot with Sydneysiders. Join a two hour group surfing lesson, and be guided by a qualified instructor – with the low student instructor ratio of 6:1 you will receive plenty of hands on attention. Or for a more personalized experience, take a one-hour private surfing lesson with your own dedicated instructor.
What You'll Get
You have the choice to join a small-group 2-hour lesson or a 1-hour private lesson – both designed to help you achieve your surfing goals while having lots of fun in the surf.
The Maroubra Surf Experience - Small Group Lesson (2 hours):
Join this 2-hour surf lesson that will teach you how to safely get out and up onto your first wave. Here you'll be taught in a small group with no more than 6 students, so you get plenty of hands-on help. Start out on the beach to build up your knowledge and confidence. Learn learn how to recognize surf conditions and practice your surfing technique before you get into the water. Then it's off into the ocean, where you start off in broken waves - the white foam created after the waves run their course. You'll be amazed at how easy, safe and enjoyable it can be to learn to surf. These lessons are designed for anyone who wants to give surfing a try, and you’ll receive an authentic taste of surfing, useful safety information about waves and the beach, and a smile that you won’t be able to wipe off.
Private Surfing Lesson (1 hour):
For the ultimate in surfing instruction, why not get your own personal surf lesson? Private lessons are great for those wanting lots of feedback, for families looking to learn on their own, or for those wanting advanced or specific instructions not found in standard group classes. With a private surf lesson, the sky's the limit. Plus with a dedicated instructor, you're bound to learn at your fastest-possible pace. Whatever your individual needs, they will strive to meet them.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Lesson is for children 12yrs and up
- Children under 12yrs please refer to private lessons
- Concession rate is for children 12yrs to 17ys and anyone holding a valid student card
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- We surf in all weather and surf conditions providing it is safe. If the surf is too big, or the conditions unsafe, then we will reschedule the lesson. If we change the time and you are unable to come to the new lesson, then we will provide a refund. Otherwise there are no refunds, transfers to other people, or cancellations.
- Lessons booked between April 1st and August 31st 2018 need to be used by August 31st 2018.
- All equipment included soft safe surfboards, warm winter westuits and suncreen
- Taught by friendly, hand-picked local and international surf coaches
- Must bring your own swimmers and a towel
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Lessons are scheduled according to the daily tides and conditions. Times change from day to day. You will need to reconfirm the time 24 hours prior to your lesson
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the LETS GO SURFING MAROUBRA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.