If you are wondering which Whale Shark experience to select on the Ningaloo Reef, the difference between us and everyone else is numbers. Our focus at Live Ningaloo is on offering small group tours, to allow the greatest amount of interaction between you and the Whale Sharks.
We host a maximum of 10 guests on each Whale Shark swimming adventure, giving you the most intimate and bespoke tour experience, the greatest flexibility, and the most time in the water. You’ll be able to interact closely with these beautiful creatures as you snorkel and swim beside them in the warm, clear waters of the Indian Ocean.
The Ningaloo Reef is home to abundant sea life and you may also spot dugongs, turtles, Humpback Whales, blue whales, minke whales, orcas, dolphins, manta rays, stunning tropical fish and many types of coral on your adventure.
About This Deal
Dreaming of swimming with the world’s largest living sharks in the turquoise waters of Ningaloo Reef? Our Swim with Whale Sharks day tour is for you.
Join us and have the unmatched experience of safely snorkeling and swimming beside these gentle giants in an amazing natural interaction guided by our experienced crew.
We host a maximum of 10 guests on each whale shark swimming adventure, giving you the most intimate and bespoke tour experience, the greatest flexibility, and the most time in the water.
Between March and August each year, Whale Sharks journey to the Ningaloo Reef to feed on plankton attracted by the mass spawning of coral. We lead guided small group tours offering the chance to swim with the Whale Sharks from April to July when you have the best chance of seeing a Whale Shark up close.
The clear waters and visibility of the North West make for perfect conditions to swim with a Whale Shark as the they cruise just below the surface, allowing you the opportunity to snorkel alongside them.
• Ningaloo Reef, Off the North West Cape Yardie Creek Rd Ningaloo Marine Park, Exmouth Region, Ningaloo, Western Australia 6707 Australia
• Ningaloo Marine Park, Yardie Creek Rd 10 km N of Exmouth, Coral Bay, Western Australia 6707 Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum age is 4 years old
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times both on the boat and in the water.
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Complimentary transfers to and from Exmouth township to Tantabiddi Boat Ramp departure point.
- Luxury vessel ‘Wave Rider’ with qualified skipper, deckhand, photographer and guide
- Quality wetsuits and snorkel gear
- Educational ‘pre-swim’ session
- Light morning tea and beverages
- Delicious lunch and snacks
- Glass of sparkelling at day’s end to toast your adventures
- Professional digital photography on deck and underwater supplied at no additional cost
- Afternoon coral reef snorkel (conditions permitting)
- Additional x5 legacy photos for Trip Advisor guests but must be requested on the day of the tour.
- Any personal items you need, e.g. bathers
Tantabiddi Boat Ramp, Yardie Creek Rd, North West Cape WA 6707, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
We do provide return transfers from Exmouth township. You will need to contact us no later than 24 hours prior to your tour to ensure your pick up location has been logged. Your specific pick up time is listed below. We depart from Tantabiddi Boat Ramp. If you do not require a transfer, you’ll need to meet us there, boots on jetty at 8:30am sharp. The full pick up list is below, the time slots are a gauge. Please allow for a 10-minute buffer.
Ningaloo Bed & Breakfast 7:35am
Manta Rays 7:45am
Exmouth Escape Resort 7:50am
Ningaloo Caravan & Holiday Resort 7:50am
Ningaloo Lodge 7:55am
Ningaloo Lighthouse Caravan Park 8:10am
Yardie Creek Homestead 8:25am
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Live Ningaloo in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.